Doublebarrels OK for informal clay pigeons?

Having met Kim, and her husband, they're super great people. She'd be willing to give lessons all day; provided she still got her practice in.

Despite being a combat veteran, former state level 4H champion skeet shooter, and on my college's rifle team, according to my girlfriend I was reduced to making "uhhh" and "ummm" type sounds. :o

In response to a previous question; at our club 7.5 is the biggest allowed, with most folks using No. 8 or No. 9 depending on the station.

Brutus said:
I think world class shooters like Mz. Rohde and the late Tom Knapp could shoot a High Point shotgun and make it look good.

I'd be willing to bet that if you gave them a .22 rifle to use, they could shoot a respectable score.

Problem is, we working stiffs only get out once a week or less and then we shoot 100 maybe 200 rounds depending on how much time we can invest.
In the 40 years I've been enjoying the sport I've never gotten 25 out of 25, on average I do 15 to 20 and I think my personnel best was a 23.
Of course I'm my own worst enemy, drinking a pot of coffee before and during doesn't help much. Really screws up my pistol shooting as well.:o

Back