Don't Get Training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn E. Meyer said:
...If you want to have a jury of your peers decide what is right or wrong - that's your choice.

That standard voids most internal moral codes and regresses to what you can get away with for your own self interest...
AZAK said:
Wow. I personally have been involved in a number of court cases,... including sitting on a number of juries including federal court (as head juror), and find your view of our judicial system and juries as rather shocking.
But Glenn's statement was not a statement of an opinion on the judicial system or juries. It was a comment on your apparent willingness to leave the question of the propriety of your conduct to a jury, deciding such question based on a legal standard after your opportunity to justify your actions.

On the other hand, character has been defined as how we conduct ourselves when no one is watching.

Posted by AZAK: I personally have been involved in a number of court cases, never as a "plaintiff" or as the "accused", including sitting on a number of juries including federal court (as head juror), and find your view of our judicial system and juries as rather shocking.
As Fiddletown has pointed out, Glenn E. Meyer has not expressed a view on our judicial system and juries. He does, however, have some understanding of the risk that you seem willing to assume. I think you might benefit from reading some of Dr. Meyer's published writings on the subject.

To borrow from the advertisements of a financial firm that were aired about twenty years ago, when Glenn E. Meyer speaks, I listen.

12 pages long. 281 posts. Wow.

My congratulations to most of you that hung in and contributed in a thoughtful way, but there's little likelihood a newcomer to the topic will read all this and get up to speed.

Let's give it a rest. Maybe in a week or two we can ease into this topic again.

For now: Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back