don’t even want to get another revolver anymore...

I like the older ones 19-4, 27-2, 29-2 Colt new service 455 elegy as well as my never model 500. For the price of a new one I’ll get a 70s model all day. That being said my Blackhawk 41 and SBH 44 are great.

Thewelshm

Where I live there are no gun stores that carry the guns I like. Most of mine have come from internet dealers or auction sites. Never got a bad deal yet.

Dana

Cost cutting with every revision, poor qc, regulatory features, spend big bucks on a revolver that is a shadow of its former glory.

Howdy Again

I just noticed the text that I underlined.

S&W has ALWAYS attempted to cut manufacturing costs.

Always!

Going back to 1857 (no, not 1957, 1857) I can name you examples of how they drove manufacturing cost out of their products through engineering changes.

If they want to stay in business, any smart company does that.

While I am not a fan of MIM parts (yes, I do realize they serve their purpose just fine), and bemoan the recent trend for a lowering of quality in S&W products, I fully recognize that in order to stay in business any company has to move with the times, stay ahead of the competition, and cut costs where practical.

This is the oldest S&W in my collection, so far. A No. 1, First Issue, 5th Type Tip Up. It shipped in June of 1859. And yes, it was improved over the 4 earlier types.

First%20Issue%205th%20Type%2001_zpsfyh78pyt.jpg

Back