Dog The Bounty Hunter...

Jelly

Tuned into this show for the first time the other night and was very highly surprised to see that these guys DO NOT carry handguns or any other firearms and rely solely upon what appears to be a big can of OC spray.

What say you?

Interesting show for sure. His ego is bigger than Texas, which he needs for the kind of $%#@ he has to catch. I don't know if they don't carry for the show's sake or what, but those are some MASSIVE cans of bear spray... :eek:

I seem to remember reading he carried those big cans of pepper spray to protect himself from the HUGE blonde female that he lives with. It appears she has needs that arise occasionally and he sprays her to keep her off.:D :D :D As for the show, its a circus WITH a fat lady.

Actually, I read he was involved in a manslaughter, but I don't know any details of it, nor would I watch such a stupid, pretentious show, unless it was for a few laughs, and even then, not. :barf:

He is indeed a convicted felon and can't own a firearm. From what I've heard he's also disliked by many professional bounty hunters who view him as unprofessional and giving the occupation a bad rep. I've never seen the show, though.

Oxymoron

Using professional and bounty hunter in the same post is an oxymoron.

Professions have guidelines, standards of conduct, rules, regulations.

Anything else I might say could get me in trouble, so I'll stop.

Many states have standards and guidelines that bounty hunters must adhere to. Here in NH anyone wanting to engage in bail recovery needs to take an approved training course, have $300k of liability insurance and register with the state. The days of bounty hunters being regulated only by an obscure supreme court case are over.

dog "the master of the mullets"

I saw an interview featuring the Dog and he stated he was not allowed to carry a firearm due to his jail time. That show is a great place to see mullets and samoean lingo gone bad.

http://mulletsgalore.com/

for those amused with the haircut of Joe Dirt.

The youngest bounty hunter on the show is the most normal but, hey I have to give them all props for doing a hard job well and dealing with a lot of S*%t heads on a daily basis.

What a low-life.

I wonder how the surviving family of his victim feels about this j-off's new found fame and fortune. Oh, I forgot. He's a "Christian" now, so I guess all's forgiven.

Best/stay safe

I think some of you guys/gals are being very unreasonable. The guy turned his life around. Okay, he isn't Jesus, but at least he making an effort to be a better person. We all makes mistakes, people get caught up in what they do for whatever reason. A man can't be a saint with one action, i dont think he should be a bad person for one either.

I don't know the circumstances behind the manslaughter case so I can't judge Dog on that. However if he beat someone to death in self defense than I have no problem standing next to the guy.

Duane "Dog" Chapman was a member of an outlaw motorcycle gang in the Texas Panhandle in the 70's.

September of 1976, Chapman was at the Pampa home of Jerry Oliver when one of Chapman's biker brothers shot Oliver in the chest with a sawed-off 12 gauge shotgun over a drug deal.

Chapman got a five year sentence, served two years of it in TDC before being released on parole.

I am given to understand that Mr. Chapman had a string of armed robberies under his belt as a juvenile, also.

LawDog

I hate that show so much...........

As a Police Officer (Military) viewing what 'dog' does, it just makes me laugh.

I.E.

On one show 'dog' and his team felt a subject was in a friends house they went to, so they knocked on the door, and when that friend was of no help they pushed their way in, and searched the house....... low and behold no subject. They just warned the friend not to harbor a fugitive and left.

One of these days someone with half sense is going to drop that moron like a bad habit.

Being a bounty hunter usually means being aggressive depending on what the person is on bail for. If someone jumps bail then they have probably done some bad big time and are facing decades behind bars.

I watch it but ......

It just makes me laugh, they are all such tools.

Especially the real young guy that they sometimes let run with them, not dogs son but the nephew I think.

"Yo youngblood that is your first black eye in 25 yrs. , huh bra?" LOL.

Seriously though, I think I am gonna dress as the Dog for halloween this year, should get more than a few laughs with his black mesh shirts, tied off biceps (Ultimate Warrior style), big mullet, and 128 oz. can of OC in a tatical thigh holster.

Yeah, I think this guy had a bench warrant for Failure to Appear, for a DUI case.

Don't get wrong he has to be aggressive, but he also has to remember that thing called......Probable Cause, oh wait he's not a cop, so what law does he have backing him ?

If anyone knows what law backs him I would be interested to know, then maybe I'll rethink my opinion.

As of now I feel, his behavior is down right dangerous, and one day he'll have the wrong house any say the wrong thing.

Example,

Officer what happen was this steriod junkie looking guy and his posse of rejects show's up at my door and demands to see someone I don't know. I tell him I don't know them, and he freaks out and starts rambling.......... then pushes his way in with four other guys.......I try to stop them and he pepper sprays me.........I had no choice but to defend myself.........

The person skipping bail signed away alot of their rights on the bail contract, which gives the bail bondsman and his agents considerable powers to track down and recover the fugitive so he can appear. Unlike police who are usually going after supsects presumed innocent, the bounty hunter's target is guilty of skipping bail.

They have absolutely no special law enforcement powers concerning ordinary citizens they don't have paperwork on, however. Because they're not agents of the state, though, they're not required to abide by the same rules governing search and sezuire as law enforcement officers. After all, they're not collecting evidence and have no obligation to prove thier target guilty... thier target is guilty.

Also, they're only legally allowed to enter a residence of the person they're after without a warrent. Some states will allow them to enter another dwelling if the person they're after is plainly visible... such as the friend answers the door and they see guy over his shoulder sitting on the couch. Since they're not LEOs they can't get warrents even if they wanted one, that's why most resort to trickery and some outright break the law (which sounds like the case in the Dog episode described).

Back