Does this theoretical revolver interest you?

Does the revolver described in the OP interest you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like the idea of guns that fit neatly in my pocket. Is mouse gun an internet term or does that go back. Anyway a mouse size revolver, normally 22 but; sized up to 32 size double action mini would be very handy.

The point a very small 32 as already clearly stated by the op, is a new , ground up design, very small frame 5 shot.

The frame could also be offered in a 6 shot 22lr and 22mag. For different purpose. Optional longer barrel and better sights in the optional 22 versions.

I like hammers, but hammerless makes a lot more sense for a carry gun. That would be a trivial option, even user could swap the hammer (or grind it down)

Some one mentioned 327 vs 32H&R. I own and shoot both and the 32 H&R is just about right for my taste in 32's. But, there is no reason the gun could not be sized for a 327 and make everyone happy. although, it would be a little longer and heavier than a purpose built H&R. I woudl definately go for an H&R only version, but; either is fine. Tinny, tiiny guns can be hard to hold onto. I assume, we are talking very tiny tiny here.

Last edited:
There is the concern about the size of the weapon. I don't have shovel sized hands, but even I have problems fitting myself to a compact pistol. Too darned many fingers. thumb, trigger finger and middle can all get in the way of each other when you try to fire a tiny double action trigger, and wow, wrap another hand around it and you might as well try to do it wearing blacksmith's gloves.

the child sized gun may only work for a child.

A lightweight 327 Fed Mag with a 4" barrel and adjustable sights would sure make a nice trail gun though. The market probably won't support that either.

My 632 with a 3 inch barrel has adjustable sights and if belt carried is not that heavy. But as said - not made any more.

I have to agree with you, but still, are there 9 mm or .40 caliber options that are about as easy to carry and use? Is there a solid advantage to carrying that six shot revolver and some extra rounds, or is it maybe even a disadvantage over a compact semi auto?

I'm not looking to argue whether a 9 or 40 are as effective on living creatures as the .327, I'm simply wondering, is there a true advantage for that revolver over some semiauto alternatives?

Personally, I'm with you, a compact framed (not tiny framed) .327 would be my choice to carry into an area where I might be defending myself from anything from an angry raccoon to a drunken hillbilly who wants my bud light. A revolver has many advantages, IMO, and some disadvantages, but the balance sheet in my mind leans towards carrying the revolver.

The NAA Black Widow fits my medium-size hand very well. Something a little larger than that but smaller than a J-frame would be useful for concealed carry, especially if it could be DA/SA or DAO. I would start with an I-frame design and try to shrink it a bit and lighten it with modern materials. .32 H&R Magnum would be plenty of power.

If you used the H&R cartridge, the gun WOULD be a "J" frame. The cylinder length would have to be as long as a .38 spl. cylinder. If the gun were made as a 5 shot, the cylinder would be narrower- but the cylinder would still be much thicker than a small .32 auto.
I just don't see any real advantage.
Now, if the 5 shot cylinder were sized for .32 acp (which is more powerful than .32 S&W long) and the frame shortened to accommodate said cylinder, the gun WOULD be very small and lightweight. It would sell for the same reason the mini revolvers sell- it's a working firearm that is tiny and cute!

THis is the only revolver I'm interested in:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/52dragon/50BMG.jpg

50BMG.jpg

The gun you describe doesn't exist but it is a grail gun for me. I even spoke with NAA reps about making one. But they don't want to get into the DA revolver market.

The NAA Black Widow fits my medium-size hand very well. Something a little larger than that but smaller than a J-frame would be useful for concealed carry, especially if it could be DA/SA or DAO. I would start with an I-frame design and try to shrink it a bit and lighten it with modern materials. .32 H&R Magnum would be plenty of power.
This. I never could figure out why they couldn't "supersize" the Black Widow to .32 H&R Mag. Smaller than a J frame but bigger than the typical NAA. Would be a great bug or dog walking gun. I remember that they tried something a number of years ago in a .32 something. Butt-ugly and bulky. But it was DA/SA. They shouldn't have strayed away from their niche market and stuck with SA. Would've kept it streamlined.

They could, but it would be almost as big as the "J" frame, be single action, heavy, and be in a caliber that is inefficient in short barrels, and has heavy recoil.

If it's gotta be 32 caliber, I'd go with a 5 shot in 32 ACP, akin to the tiny suicide specials of yesteryear but built with modern materials.

No ...

But I am interested in a .32 Mag in the Single Six frame :) . Like to someday get my hands on one, or Ruger would re-introduce 'em again. My interest in the .32 is simply my 'reloadable .22LR' line of Single Action revolvers.

No ...

But I am interested in a .32 Mag in the Single Six frame :) . Like to someday get my hands on one, or Ruger would re-introduce 'em again. My interest in the .32 is simply my 'reloadable .22LR' line of Single Action revolvers.
Ruger makes the .327, a longer, more powerful version of the .32 H&R, on the "Single Six" frame and it has a seven round capacity. It's called the Single Seven.

.32 H&R dies will reload the .327.

Yep ... I have a Single-Seven and do shoot .32 H&R out of it. But ... it isn't a 'six' gun :) and not specifically chambered for the .32 H&R mag.

I'm with those that believe the forte of the .32 H&R is as a working/field/trail gun. 6 rounds and a 4 to 6 inch barrel; although I could probably deal with 3".

I had such a gun on my want list for awhile, but have been distracted by the introduction, and borderline demise, of the .327 Federal. Would love to have one if I could find a Smith & Wesson.

Between the concealability of .32 autos, and the power of a J-frame in .38 Special, I'm afraid I don't have a mission for the proposed concept.

Back