Does this theoretical revolver interest you?

Does the revolver described in the OP interest you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did you say 327 Federal Magnum?
Not 32 H&R non-magnum.

The 327 Fed Mag is nearly as long as a 38 Special. This would contradict the OP's requirement of "fitted onto a revolver frame smaller than the the S&W J frame or Ruger LCR frame". That's going to be a tight fit even for the 32 H&R.

Not backing off. You didn't say you couldn't due to policy. You said "no interest". Besides, I was speaking in general. Didn't single out any one in particular. Don't be so sensitive.

Unless I've stumbed into Cop Talk, I really don't care about law enforcement agency regulations. :rolleyes:

Why would I buy something that is smaller than a J-frame, in .32, that I cannot carry? Doesn't matter what my reasons are, it is a valid reason of why I have no interest... because of it being a .32.

Sorry, but that is a thought out reason for why a person would not buy it. Doesn't have to be Cop Talk, but let's point out something that there is no argument on... how many of such revolvers are currently being produced?

Like Screwball, I live in a state where legal CCW is quite difficult (some people get permits, but few normal people can). However, I do like carry type guns. I spend a lot of time in carry states where I can carry on my UT non-resident permit, and even if I didn't, like I said, I like carry type guns.

That said, I'd have no interest. I do like to maximize capacity for size. I also want more power than .32H&R mag gives and that is where .327mag (not .32H&R mag) has me interested. I like that they put 6 rounds instead of 5 into a small frame revolver. I also like a 3" revolver as the Goldilocks "just right" of concealability and velocity/ballistics. If Ruger would make the .327mag SP101 in a 3" revolver again, it would probably be my next purchase. That said, I'd be thrilled if S&W did the same thing with the K-frame. If the SP101 can hold 6, I'm sure a K-frame could hold 7 .327mag. A 7 shot, 3", K-frame with the power of .38+P, and a little smaller than the 686 Plus, I'd be all over that immediately (even if I didn't have the cash, that's what credit cards, or trading guns is for).

I'll remember that if I'm ever part of "an agency."

Likewise, I'll remember that having a different need equates to being "narrow-minded" when talking to people that love the .32 projectile... guess it is like the 10mm or .357 SIG.

By the way, no disrespect towards anyone... everyone should shoot whatever makes them happy. [emoji106]

"Likewise, I'll remember that having a different need equates to being "narrow-minded" when talking to people that love the .32 projectile.."

Ok, great! We're all on the same page, then.

:D

Just want to say my idea behind this revolver isn't to make the frame shorter and OAL shorter, but to make the width thinner.

.327 would be a no go in this revolver, I don't think I'd want to shoot a 12 oz .327 in this.

Why would I buy something that is smaller than a J-frame, in .32, that I cannot carry? Doesn't matter what my reasons are, it is a valid reason of why I have no interest... because of it being a .32.

As a backpacking/camp gun with a payload bigger than a .22 but lighter/smaller/thinner than a 38

You know that NAA prototype of such didn't work out. Whether they are working on a new one is rumored.

BTW, the J frames in 32 HR magnum are pretty neat and not junk.

It's a question of marketability, with the new semis - would folks buy such. The J frame sized guns have a historic constitutency. The 22 NAA minis are so small as to be a paradigm shift in size. I don't see this one being super popular to be worth tooling up for.

Interest would be as a BUG or NPE hideaway. The 32 mag isn't a bad round. But it ain't going to happen.

Let's not start another Judge discussion - please!!

A Bearcat in .327 Federal would interest me. Have two Single Sevens, 7 1/2" and 4 5/8" (My edc)...they have a 3.5" too, now? And a Marlin rifle in .327FM, and a Single Six in .32 H&R. I like those .32s. Also, an old Iver Johnson Safety Hammerless in .32 S&W and a Keltech .32 Auto (which will fire in the revolvers). Hehehe...I even have a mini-Hawken plains rifle in .32, which, BTW, shoots all the bullets I have for the other .32s, 77gr, 85gr, 95gr, 100gr, 115, 125, and a new 130gr I've yet to try.
Yeah, I like .32s.

I have a SW 632 SS 3 inch comped 327 (with the hammer). It's a great J frame and if revolvers were the only carry gun , it would be one of my choices.

But, a smaller NAA type - probably pass on it. The 22 Mag is my little tiny pocket gun.

A .32 revolver could only be made about 1/8 inch thinner than a .38. That's not much difference at all.
I doubt an I frame would hold up to .32 H&R mag.

Nope. For me, the advantage of a .32 H&R Magnum would be to get 6 shots from a cylinder the size that only gives you 5 rds of .357.

Back