Does CorBon's +P Lie Bother Anyone else?

Peter,

I join others here welcoming you to TFL, for it only helps the industry when we can all talk together.

Please be warned that it can get hot in the kitchen, as Randy Garrett just discovered. But he stuck through it (with a little private encouragement).

Now:

If the +P does not mean over-pressured, why do you use it. It is confusing at best. Why won't SigArms list your product as being acceptable to use IF you are within SAAMI specs.

Stand the heat and earn the rewards as Randy did.

Joseph

Morgan:

Cor-Bon does not have and has not had quality control problems. The story about the disgruntled employees may be true, but what is not true is that there was any sabotage. When we built a new state of the art factory in Sturgis, SD 35 of my employees elected not to make the move from Detroit to SD even though we offered to pay for their move. Were they unhappy that we made the move, probably. Did they sabotage Cor-Bon products? NO!

This is a very competitive business and with a declining market share. There are only so many people out there that are interested in High Performance Products. Some Competitors are willing to say anything to gain some market share. It's funny how a story can get so twisted every time it changes hands. Did you consult with me to get the truth before you put erroneous statements on the web. NO! Why? Because its easier to take everything at face value.

Cor-Bon built its reputation on the highest velocity ammunition within SAAMI pressures and the lowest amount of muzzle flash. We have doubled our business in the last couple of years. We could not have done that by putting out a product that is contrary.

Joseph:

You are right +P does not mean overpressure. It means higher pressure and velocity than standard. This is an industry standard and every one uses this designation. It lets the consumers know what they are buying so they do not use it in older guns of questionable strength. I have never seen SIG's approved list, but I have seen Beretta's, S&W, Glock, Kahr, Taurus, and most others. The reason is that we sell to them and they want to make sure that our products function correctly through their guns.

I'm happy to come on these board and answer questions and to be of service to my customers, but I am not going to allow myself to be put on trial here. I spend thousands of dollars every year fighting the anti-gunners and hundreds of man-hours calling Senators and Congressmen letting them know that we handgunners stand united. Let's start acting like it.

First, let me say that I appreciate Peter Pi's willingness to respond here. Thank you, Peter. (I don not use CorBon, btw).

It's important to stick to attributable facts, and not hearsay, when implying that some person, or company, may be lying or deceptive. Reputations are hard won and easily lost... food for thought. WE as shooting enthusiast have to rally around each other..., and promote change productively. Thanks for your pro-gun efforts Peter.

That said, I called Glock several years ago to ask them if they approved of Cor-bon .40 in their guns. They said NO. This was long before the Glock .40 kaBoom! problem became commonly known. Corbon may have lowered the pressures on their .40 by now, and maybe Glock has changed their recommendation. Glock did say that corbon 9mm was fine in their guns. I am very careful that the ammo in put in my .40 Glocks is well-known to be comfortably withing pressure specs. For that reason, I've avoided CorBon until now, but could be convinced otherwise with proper evidence. That does NOT mean an endorsement from Mas Ayoob... who is a Corbon distributor to my knowledge. Although he may truly believe that C-B is the best ammo, the fact that he sells it creates a conflict of interest when he's promoting it in "objective" editorial copy (although some would say it's an endorsement instead... the other side of the coin). imo.

From what I have heard, Mas is selling the little Cor-Bon inventory he has and then will no longer carry it.

The defense ammo industry is indeed very competitive. I have learned much in the past several months of conducting tests on 135 grain .40 S&W loads. Cor-Bon ammo was involved and both my own and an independant labs pressure test revealed that the 135 grain .40 CB load is under SAAMI max. It did have some areas of concern, but pressure was not one of them with this loading.

If you are interested in reading the results, click on the link in my signature line.

------------------
Good Shooting, MarkCO
http://www.angelfire.com/co3/markcolo/

[This message has been edited by MarkCO (edited December 14, 1999).]

I agree, at least Mr Pi was willing to debate the issue. I choose to believe that no evil has been committed here. The fact that these discussions can take place in an open forum such as this is testimony to one of the freedoms we still have. We may have to agree to disagree on this matter and believe what we may. We, as shooters, do kind of owe it to ourselves to be at least civil to each other and not fight among ourselves.

------------------
So many a'holes-- so few bullets!------
Ford Fairlane

In the October 99 issue of Gun Test magazine there is a article/test of .38 splc defense loads. The Cor-Bon 125 gr.JHP was the winner out of ten loads tested for expansion, penetration, velocity, velocity deviation etc. The interesting thing about the article is in the recommendations at the end, Gun Tests states that Cor-Bon ammo is always at or near the top of there test results no matter what caliber they are testing. There only complaint appeared to be it's availibilty. For those of you that do not know about this publication it has no advertisements and will really not hold back on telling you not to buy a product that does not pass there tests. I have used Cor-Bon ammo in my .380 and 9mms with good results.

Peter,

If you wish to defend the virtues of your product,fine. I only hope you are not insinuating that I had anything to do with starting or promoting this thread with your
statement "some companies will do any thing for market share" Please be assured I have
plenty of market share and do not have to spread rumors to gain more. Besides I have bigger fish to fry.

John Koppel

Back