Do you own multiple handguns of the same make and model?

Yes, two Kel-Tec P32s, one with a belt clip for SOB carry, the other with a belt clip for IWB carry (they have to be opposite).

I have several 10-22's and several Ruger Mark pistols, but they're all different models or modified.

I have purchased multiples of quite a few different handguns, but the only one I still own multiples of is...

Sig P365 with Wilson Combat frames.

They might possibly be the best combination of size, capacity, shootability, etc. that I've ever found and yes, I have 2 that are exactly the same. One for me and one for my wife. Magazine and holster compatibility between the two of us makes sense.

Not exactly the same, but I have eight 1911 variants, in four chamberings and four different barrel lengths.

I have two Colt Pythons: 1960 and 1957 makes. I bought them hoping they would go up in value faster than the Sig AMT, and then use them for trading fodder together with another rifle to get my grail rifle. But, 2 things happened. I ended up really liking the Pythons. And, they did not outpace the Sig AMT in value. Oh well, you can't always get what you want.

Ruger Blackhawks often come in pairs, because Cowboy Shooting.
The OP says "still in production", but within variation I think I have had...

2 Blackhawks with adjustable sights in .44 magnum, one had the "knuckle buster" trigger guard that only an optimist calls "dragoon."

1 Blued Blackhawk with .45 Colt/.45 acp cylinders
1 without the extra cylinder

2 Bisley Stainless Blackhawks (older but not 3-screw) with adjustable sights in .45 Colt

2 old style Vaqueros in .357, one had the 9mm conversion cylinder (never used)

1 .44 Mag Blackhawk given the treatment by Hamilton Bowen.

There there is the Single-six...
.22 single six (meh)
.32 H&R Bisley Single-six

If you understand the appeal of single-action handguns for hunting and shooting tin cans, you'll understand why a fellow would have such a collection. .45, .44, .38 and .32.

As I have lightened up the gun safe, it's the Bowen and the .32 that still remain.

While people sure seemed to want the guns with conversion cylinders, I never used them. Cuz I had a 1911 for that anyhow and 9mm is for kids.

Two Colt Pocket Positives in 32 Police CTG; one 2½" and one 3½" barrels.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 98
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 106
I dont have as many as others here, but these three are the same caliber (.41mag), all are stainless steel, and are Ruger Redhawks. To say I love this caliber and gun is an understatement.

3_Redhawks_41bHSXVPzAoeJi22dzW3XL.JPG

Identical twins, not just different bbl length, three Mauser C96s and two Hämmerli 208s

Hmmm, I think that's all. Not listing multiple barrel length revolvers 'cause I don't remember them all.

I dont have as many as others here, but these three are the same caliber (.41mag), all are stainless steel, and are Ruger Redhawks. To say I love this caliber and gun is an understatement.

3_Redhawks_41bHSXVPzAoeJi22dzW3XL.JPG
Sweet little collection, especially the short one.

No, I have multiples, but they're different variations of the same model.

A S&W Model 66 is different than a Model 66-2. My S&W Model 686-3 4" is different than my Model 686-3 6" Classic Hunter. My GLOCK Gen 2 G17 is different than my Gen 3, Gen 4, and Gen 5 G17.

Just buying a pile of Gen 3 GLOCK 19s is boring. Trying to get one of every variation is fun.

All of my current handguns are Ruger revolvers. Not the same models, but I do have a Super Blackhawk and a vaquero in .44magnum.

Colt

My accumulation features more Colt's than anything else. I really need to do an inventory, I should say update my inventory list, there have been family additions.

I also have three H&K P7s, of which this former Bundeswehr pistol that was used by the bodyguards is the rarest.

I also had two Korth Combats that were pretty identical but gave one to my son as a graduation gift.

I also had four Parabellum P.08s but only kept the best shooter.

I have three Walther PPs, one in .22 l.r., one in 7,65 Browning and one in 9mm Kurz.
The Colt 1911s in .45

Almost forgot the FN HP ...

Interesting. I'm trying to understand the appeal of these gigantic 22 lr pistols. So they are for range fun purposes primarily?

They are target pistols and great tools to learn pistolcraft on a budget. When I had a serious falling plate addiction, I shot about 3,500 rounds of centerfire each month. To use a .22 is kind of an understudy.

In European ISSF matches you will not find many shooters that have not started out with a .22 l.r. and the elusive 10 ring can be scratched with a .22 l.r. as well as with a .45.
FWIW, one of the largest pistols I have owned was a Hammerli 120 free pistol, a single shot .22 l.r. that is used for the 50m matches.

Back