Do you own multiple handguns of the same make and model?

To be fair. The list is a compilation based on the replies.
Well this is brand new information!

Revolvers:

Lots of S&W K-frame .38’s
Lots of S&W N-frame 28-2’s
Ruger Security Six

Semiautomatics:

S&W 39, 52, 5906, 745, 845, 945, 952
Walther PPQm2
Tanfoglio Match Elite
CZ TS

….some I forgot?

I just love G17 Gen5, got one some time ago and a few week ago also bought one for my son, he is not a gun lover, but still likes to shoot from time to time.

Well this is brand new information!

Revolvers:

Lots of S&W K-frame .38’s
Lots of S&W N-frame 28-2’s
Ruger Security Six

Semiautomatics:

S&W 39, 52, 5906, 745, 845, 945, 952
Walther PPQm2
Tanfoglio Match Elite
CZ TS

….some I forgot?
So you have multiple copies of each? That's a lot for sure.

I'm trying to understand the appeal of these gigantic 22 lr pistols. So they are for range fun purposes primarily?

I'm trying to understand how a Buckmark is a gigantic pistol...

care to explain how you define "gigantic"??

Based on the new information:

Several Sauer SAA Western Marshall
Several Sauer 38h
Several Colt 1903 Model 3
A whole herd of K frames and 1917 frames
Several Colt G frame Pocket and Police Positives
Slew of 1911s
Several Ruger 10/22

The handgun I have most of same model is S&W m41s, closely followed by S&W K frames and N frames. Other than S&Ws only thing I have in significant multiples is pre series 80, Colt 1911s and
3screw Ruger Blackhawks.
c8cbaa7ade85805a4ed2cc72a6531080.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Based on the new information:

Several Sauer SAA Western Marshall
Several Sauer 38h
Several Colt 1903 Model 3
A whole herd of K frames and 1917 frames
Several Colt G frame Pocket and Police Positives
Slew of 1911s
Several Ruger 10/22
Which one of these are still in product? Thanks.

Cz 75
S&w j magnum frame
S&w k frame
S&w n frame

The "in current production" is a very limiting thing you miss out on a lot.
The hamden mfg hi standard 103 series, norinco 1911, para 1911 and 2011, Olympic arms 1911, browning hi power, and more..
Colt woodsman, security six, service six, Smith 3rd gen autos, etc..

Interesting. I'm trying to understand the appeal of these gigantic 22 lr pistols. So they are for range fun purposes primarily?
Anything for which a .22 LR pistol is suitable, particularly since I have a Target model (~1991), Standard model (~1989), Camper model (~2003, assembled from parts), and the Challenger III (1983, about the same as the Standard).
Range.
Plinking.
Hiking.
Camping.
Rabbits.
Squirrels.
Introducing new shooters, especially young children, to handguns.

They are reliable, accurate, simple, easy to understand, easy to load, easy to clear malfunctions, easy to maintain, and have good triggers; and generally just provide an enjoyable experience for everyone.

I have a Ruger Mk I, the target model with the long tapered barrel and adjustable sights, and a Browning Challenger and a couple of Stoeger .22 Lugers.

These are not what I consider "giant" pistols, but they were never made for concealment. They are "Sport pistols" made for general recreational use, hunting and some target work.

Today, we're up to Ruger Mk IVs, Browning Buckmarks and others in the same class, general utility and sport.

I also have a 10" .22LR barrel for my Contender, that one you might put in the "giant" class, in terms of overall size, I suppose.

S&W 41s with 5.5” HB or 7” with factory target grips is also more or less a range gun. To heavy and bulky for field carry. I decided to make a field carry special. First was to find a 5” light sport barrel of the 1st generation. These have nice Patridge front sights. Then I added a larger safety and Herret 1911 style grips. Because of the thinner grips I had to shorten magazine to prevent accidental mag drop. Now gun has much same profile as a 1911. Perfect field carry pinker and small game piece. Rounded out with a Bianchi #89L holster, purpose built for S&W 41.
4e88c12add0b92ad69d46b1ef0a7c0a7.jpg

61c5e74750e3c4b4f2e763fdf7775088.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only duplicates I have are two Ruger GP100’s.

One in .357 Mag (4” blued), the other in .327 Mag (4” stainless).

Edit: Forgot about the 1911’s.

5” Kimber .45 Auto
5” Rock Island 9mm/.38 Super
3” Rock Island .45 Auto.

Back