Do you keep a loaded handgun in your gunsafe?

I think that is a great idea, as long as your safe is good and theft proof. Where I live, only police are allowed to carry a loaded anything.

One of the most common crimes however, is armed home invasion. Has happened a couple of times where I live as somehow details of licensed gun owners has got into the wrong hands, and guys have been forced to open safes at gun (or knifepoint).

It is a sad fact that crooks have the upper hand where I live. Being able to grab a loaded pistol fast from the safe would give anyone a fighting chance.

A good firearms instructor once told me: 'fast action beats reaction everytime' I think thats very true.

I would love to carry a loaded pistol all the time - But my country prefers victims rather than survivors:mad:

i keep most of my guns loaded, weather safed or not.

i see no reason not to.

Exactly!! Every fighting arm I have is kept loaded.

I guess I'd make the exeption for hunting style guns, but I don't have any of those.

I have a rack that hangs on the door of my safe, and holds 8 handguns, muzzle down.

I'm keeping my HK P7 PSP in the left most slot (facing the rack). I'm left handed, so that works out well.

I do have loaded handguns elsewhere in the house.

As a visual reminder that that handgun is loaded and a round chambered, I've taken a fluorescent orange target dot and put it on the magazine base. It's immediately visible when I open the door to the safe.

Back