• Revolvers only

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • Semi-auto Pistols only

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Revolvers and Semi-autos

Votes: 178 85.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have exactly 50% revolvers and 50% semi-autos. Revolvers are all Colts and Smiths. Semi-autos from different manufacturers and heavy on the 1911s.

I own both and can't say I've ever known anyone who didn't have at least one semi auto. I much prefer revolvers to semi autos but could not live without my MKIII 22/45.

2:1 revolvers vs semis. I'm trending towards revolvers and bolt rifles. Slower pace, make every shot count and tired of chasing brass all over the range.

12 autos / 7 revolvers

This means I need to go buy more guns to even things out. Thanks.

Ruger Blackhawk in .45 convertible
Uberti Schofield replica and a Wells Fargo replica
Smith 617
Ruger LCR in .357

I sure hope my wife understands.

Revolvers outnumber semi's by just over three to one, with "other" making up just under 9% of the combined total. (Single shots, derringers, etc.)

I seem to go through phases - for years I mostly bought .22 target autoloaders, then I went into my run and gun phase and bought semi auto centerfire pistols. The past few years I have pretty much only bought older Smith and wesson revolvers. At this point revolvers out number semis in my safes by 2:1, 10 years ago it was 3:1 in favor of autoloaders.

It's about a 2-1 ratio, autos over revolvers. Actual count is 13-6. I like the fact that I don't have to pick up brass with my wheelguns, but find cleaning autos much less of a hassle.

Used to be semi-autos were all I had. Now revolvers outnumber the bottom-feeders 2:1. This is likely to increase in the future. I too find cleaning revolvers to be a pain in the behind but love shooting 'em.

I only have semi-autos, but the wife has a revolver. I would love to get a revolver, thinking a .357mag or larger. Also wanting to get a Sig P290rs, not sure what I want first..... Probably the Sig as it will be cheaper and I already have the ammo for it.

I used to hate revolvers but I think I am coming around after shooting my wife's.

For handguns, I only have a revolver. To be fair, it's my only handgun so far, and I haven't decided what my next will be. If you count rifles then no I don't only have revolvers. I bought my SP101 with the intention that if I never bought another one I would be happy with it as my "all around" handgun.

Back