• Revolvers only

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • Semi-auto Pistols only

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Revolvers and Semi-autos

Votes: 178 85.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Depends on what I'm doing TBH. Normal carry is a semi-auto, but when I have to wear a parka, I toss a revolver in the pocket because it would take me 5 minutes to get to my carry gun de-toggleing the damn coat..

Autos for war, revolvers for every other shooting purpose, including carry, hunting, plinking, etc. ...everything else.

I only own revolvers as far as handguns are concerned. I just like them better, both from a mechanical/use stand point and even more based on aesthetics. I Plan on getting a semi-auto at some point, probably in 45acp, but since I switched to mostly shooting rifles several months ago, it has been put on the back-burner while I work on my rifle collection.

1 semi-auto and 2 wheel guns here. Found out quick that I am preferential to revolvers and as such they will probably always outnumber semi s as my collection grows.

Only Because The Revolver is easier

I prefer to carry a 1911 45ACP any day of the week, but due to health issues and loss of physical strength (ability to rack a slide), I now carry revolvers. I do still have semi-auto's and love them, but have found the Judge Public Defender has it's own place in the world. Same goes for my wife, at first she carried a Taurus PT-25 because the first round is loaded by tipping the barrel and then inserting the magazine into the firearm. But after I gave her a 38spl with 2" barrel the PT-25 is sitting in a drawer.

I have a lot of revolvers, and a lot of semiautos. The first handgun that I bought in 1973 was a revolver...and, the last gun that I bought a few months ago was a revolver. Not that that means anything...

I'm always happy when I don't have to chase brass, though.

I have mostly revolvers, and a few semiautos. All the semis except the Ruger Mk2 are hammer-fired, and over half the revolvers are single-action; not sure if that means anything.

Over 37 years of handgun ownership I have been primarily a wheelgunner. I've always had a 22 LR semi-auto of some kind, but for the big stuff I like revolvers. I guess it's the reloader in me-- lots more versatility.

I bought a hi-cap 9 mm about 6 months ago, but I don't load for it, I just stocked up on factory ammo in both FMJ and HP. It's fun to shoot, but I prefer my load development and the satisfaction of tuning my revolvers.

Strangely enough when I looked I found that I have the same number of semis and revolvers and 2/3s as many single shot pistols. Must be that I don't really have a preference.

Back