Votes: 13 6.2%
  • Semi-auto Pistols only

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Revolvers and Semi-autos

Votes: 178 85.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

southjk

A thread about which was more popular got me to thinking. Does anyone own just revolvers? I know revolvers are popular with gun enthusiasts but do you just have revolvers and no semi-auto pistols?

My count is 7 autos to 6 revolvers. Only two of my revolvers don't have some kind of collector interst, a 642 and a Heritage Rough Rider. Only one of my autos has collector interest, a 39-2. Only one of those collectors hasn't been shot, my 1961 6" Royal Blue Python. In it's 52 years, I'm the third owner, second owner never shot it, and according to the gun shop where I got it, the second owner stated he got it in unfired condition. So only Colt has that honor, AFAIK, and that may never change. I have dry fired it, and it is silky!

I have more revolvers than semi-autos....( 28 S&W revolvers / and 12 semi-autos..).....so about 75% revolvers...

( but them, I'm taking a pair of 1911's to the range today ...) :D ...and my primary carry gun is a 1911....

Don't really care for semi-autos, but I do have a Mark II and a GSG 1911-22 . Rare that they get to the range. Rest are single action revolvers with one exception.

I can't imagine having only wheelguns. I understand it from a personal preference perspective, but I have met people who disparage every semi-auto they've ever seen for some strange reason.

I love a good wheelgun and have 3 of them, but I prefer semi-autos for serious work. Though I don't feel under-armed carrying my S&W 686 around the ranch.

I have 15 revolvers, and just picked up a new Colt XSE Lightweight Commander, so I'm up to 14 semi's.
They both get about equal time at the range.

I USED to have only revolvers....and did not want any autoloaders. By and by, I decided that I might as well get ONE autoloader, to see what I might be missing (or something like that). Well, I took to them, though I'm not sure why....and now, long story short, I have only autoloaders.

I like to keep things simple, so after I acquired a couple of 9mms and began hand loading for them, I decided to drop the revolver loads....and by association, the guns in which they were used.

So, I am a handgun flip-flopper, I guess.

I do still like revolvers....and often miss them. Sometimes I ask myself why the heck I ever switched (especially when collecting ejected brass off the ground at the range.....ahhhh, the good 'ole days, when I didn't have to chase brass !).

Best thing about a revolver if your a reloader, is not chasing your casings!
I do miss my S&W 686+, beautiful gun and great shooter. I just fell more in love with the semi's I guess.
SN

I've had Smiths my whole life. Model 10, 27, two 686s & a '51 K38. Had a couple autos, a 1903 colt & a Keltec P3AT, both of which I loved just didn't have a use for them so they went down the road.

Shot a west german P220 the other day & have fallen in love. First auto I've shot that fits my hand, I can hit with & isn't in a wimpy caliber.

But it won't replace my tuned up 686-4 :)

Up until 4 or 5 years ago, I had only revolver handguns. I have 5 semis now, mostly for carry. That means for 50 years I only had revolvers!

Back