Do you have bayonets for your rifles?

I have a bayonet I purchased for my Garand since I couldn't see not having one, but even better, I had been given a WWII surplus bayonet with a slightly bent tip when I was a kid by a WWII veteran friend of my fathers. Turns out, I discovered in my 50's that it fits a 24/47 Mauser to a tee. Imagine the history....

Sold my Mosin and SKS with their built in and dull import-added bayonets.

I think I have a bayonet for all my military rifles, except for a Krag. Once or twice a year me and my regular shootin' posse do a bayonet day. Lots of fun; really changes the attributes of the rifle.

I have a bayonet for my Yugo M48 Mauser because it came with one.

I used to have one for my Swedish M96 Mauser. Unfortunately, I thought I had two and at one point I sold one of them only to find later that was the only one I had. So now I have none and the prices have gone up enough that I'm not going to buy another one.

two

Two for the Garands. One was a gift, a 10" version that appears arsenal original and is unsharpened. The other is a a shorter 6" model that may well be Korean, the blade is sharp, but not nearly as stout as the bigger model.
The short model may have US hardware, but the blade is unstamped.

I ran a 3 gun course of fire with the Garand and the short bayonet attached,and having dropped an enbloc, was short of ammo for the last target. So of course I stuck it, much to the RO's dismay, but the relay loved it. Somebody videoed the episode and it was viewed quite a bit. I'd meet folks at the range, and they'd say ".....You're the guy with the bayonet!"

I suppose there's worse ways to be known.

I have a bayonet for every military rifle in my collection. I have a lot of them as they differ in types and countries. Accessories are part of my collection. If you get them when that surplus rifle hits the market they are cheap.
In my old Jr. ROTC days back in the mid 60s we had Garands. We were extensively trained in bayonet drills. Guard , thrust ,and butt strike. It is really an art.

I have a Buck M9, but the only rifle it fits is my SP1, which is mostly a safe queen nowadays. That pretty much relegates it to BAK (Big-A$$ Knife) status.

And, yes, it's sharp...

Yes for both Mosin's. The Mosin I have that was manufactured in The Tula arsenal has a matching number bayonet to the rifle

No. Frankly, I wouldn't know what to do with one attached to any of my rifles! If I found myself having to defend with an edged weapon, I prefer a very sharp fixed blade knife with a 4-6" blade and a compact handle.

I have a 1943 M1 and a 16 inch bayonet and scabbard UFH 43 stamped. I also have a 1955 M1 with the proper bayonet and scabbard.
My Russian SKS has its bayonet still attached.

"...not a single rifle capable of accepting one..." That's just sick. snicker.
You don't just need the bayonet. You need every accessory made for each rifle. BFA's(if applicable. There's no BFA for a bolt action), grenade launcher attachment, sights for that, ammo belts, etc. etc. Geezuz.
"...with the Garand and the short bayonet attached..." That'd get you kicked off my range. Bayonets are horrendously unsafe. Even on military parades(sometimes especially there). Troopies are forever sticking each other or themselves with fixed bayonets.
"...built in and dull import-added..." Bayonets are and were intentionally dulled when they were surplused. Nothing to do with importing either.

I have a Korean era one for my Garand, used to have an original UFC 16" but sold it when the prices got crazy.
I'd like to get a repro for my 1917 enfield/M12 trench since they take the same.
Wouldn't mind getting one for my service match AR just to have.

Back