Do you have bayonets for your rifles?

iraiam

Some people think I'm weird because I have a bayonet for every rifle I own that will take one, yes each rifle has its own bayonet.

The most common statement I hear, is "what do you need that for?" I thought it would be fairly obvious, to stab the heck out of something if the need should arise.

I don't feel weird.

I like accessories for my rifles... but I can't lie, I do have two bayonets for my pistols. One is that stupid rail mounted on... other is the CZ Tactical Block for my SP-01.

One for my VZ2008 (came with the rifle) and one for my CETME (which is not quite a complete working rifle yet)

Edit: forgot about Mosin bayonet. I mostly use it to pry things open

Last edited:
I have three rifles that accept bayonets.

I don't have one for any of them.

I dislike my Mosin to the point where I may never shoot it again, so I don't really feel like buying any accessories for it. Although, a bayonet would be really cool if I put it on the wall someday...

I don't really need one on my SKS and it may reduce accuracy.

I've been meaning to buy one for my AK, except I've never seen one that included the frog and all the straps in good condition at a price I was willing to pay.

I don't see any real practical need for having one, but certainly don't have an issue with someone owning one if they wish. I bought an SKS years ago when they were selling for $69 that had a bayonet. Never really cared for the rifle and sold it at a nice profit.

One of these days I'd like to buy one for one of my AR's just because I can. It just hasn't been a big priority for me.

My cz2008 came with one.
My Mosin M44 had one built in.
So did my SKS.

If it doesn't come attached or in the box...no.

Everything that I had that could use a pigsticker got one, but they are all gone now, nothing left capable of mounting the spear end. I should ask my gunsmith buddy if he can put a mount for a WWI Springfield M1905 bayonet on my CZ 527M/CSR...:cool:

I used to have a GI one. An AK one and one that came with the mosin.

That's it.

Of all the military bayonets the US GI issued one was the best, held an edge fairly well.

Yes... a sample:

1905_bayonet_005.jpg

Yes, quite a few. Some are #numbered to the rifle. I don't have any now, but did have some that were attached as part of the rifle. If I acquired a rifle that was in good shape and of some collectors value, I would probably keep my eyes open for one to match. Other than that, bayonets do nothing for me.

Only on my SKS because it came with it.
And it is pretty neat to have the fold out bayonet in place.
Doesnt seems to effect accuracy of the rifle at all
Plus it looks really cool when its flipped out and locked on the barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like accessories for my rifles... but I can't lie, I do have two bayonets for my pistols. One is that stupid rail mounted on... other is the CZ Tactical Block for my SP-01.

Forgot to list the rifles...

-Ishapore 2A1 with bayonet
-M1 Garand with bayonet
-Mosin Nagant with bayonet
-WASR without bayonet (NJ AWB)
-three ARs without bayonets... even though I have a bayonet to fit one (NJ AWB)
-M1903 USMC sniper reproduction with bayonet (different one from Garand)
-NM M1A without bayonet (NJ AWB)
-Yugo M48A with bayonet
-Yugo M59/66A1 with folding bayonet

I have a bayonet for my Mosin-Nagant, and I'm remembering a deer camp experience from my youth that illustrates a potential use. One of the guys had an old 30-40 Krag, and he was really proud of the new scope he mounted. Opening morning he was on drive, when a nice buck broke back towards the line. At the time, they were pushing through heavy laurel, and there were few pathways. That deer came barreling right toward him, and he missed point blank. He actually had to jump out of the way as the deer passed. Next morning, his "friends" had taped a big Kabar or some such "bayonet" to the Krag. He was not amused, but the story is in the camp log, and his shirt tail is nailed to the rafter. Mine, too. It was my first deer camp as a kid, and I missed one on watch and showed myself trying to get another shot. It was me scared that buck back through the drivers...in 1965.

bayonet collecting

I have numerous bayonets in my bayonet / knife collection

dating from the 1840's - present day

I have more bayonets than the rifles, they're fun and interesting to collect, just like knife / sword collecting

some are the early sword style as used during the civil war

at least bayonets are not restrictive, no anti bayonet laws yet?

here's a very rare and interesting bowie knife style bayonet made for the US KRAG rifle, I would love to have one of these in my collection.

kragbow2.jpg

https://www.collegehillarsenal.com/shop/images/P/EWB-1669-Product.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/...LES/KRAG_BOWIE_BAYONET_3-1280_zps08c2909e.jpg

Last edited:
I have two bayonets for my 1903 Springfield. One is the correct 1906 SA with the scabbard and the other is a later issue. I don't have one for my Mauser.

Back