Do you have a brand?

I definitely, absolutely have a brand. My brand is Smith & Wesson, through and through.

It's a bittersweet tale however, as nobody makes my brand anymore, and nobody makes anything close, especially the folks using their name.

On the good side-- my brand was made in very serious volume for a very long time (for some of them) although the ones I like best (true, target 5" single action Performance Center) was only made for a short time. I am thrilled to report that I have a small but very tasty little group of those, and I have NEVER been happier with my cache than I am right now. :)

Glock pistols with Sig and S&W close
Winchester bolt guns with Ruger in a close 2nd place
Marlin lever actions
Leupold scopes
Benelli shotguns with Remington a close 2nd
S&W revolvers

I have no favorite AR, they are all built with many of the same parts from the same vendors.

I'm not the best shooter around so I prefer slick triggers. Therefore S&W (mostly revolvers) are my 1st brand followed by colt(1911s&revolvers). Then the tacticool guns tie for 3rd (SIGs, Berettas, and glocks.

As far as long guns go I guess the only multiples I have would be Winchester and ruger. Don't much have a preference on long guns although I usually shoot AR 15s the most. 556 or .22s.

I guess up until a couple years ago, I would've said Glock. I had 4-5 of 'em. Now I have a 92fs, P226ee, my trusty Gen4 G17. I guess the 9mm cartridge would be my brand, as that's the only caliber pistols I'm interested in anymore. An HK USP9, and the collection will be complete!

I have a Ruger gun in just about every classification out there.

O/U Shotgun
Rimfire Pistol
Centerfire Pistol
Rimfire Rifle (semi and bolt)
Centerfire rifle (semi and bolt)
Also a Ruger AR- pattern rifle, well carbine, but firing a rifle cartridge.

Am very much interested in a action revolver form them as well.

I also have a couple of Remingtons and a couple of Winchesters as well.

2 Sigs
2 S&Ws
2 Rugers
1 Rem
1 Henry
1 Keltec

1 new rifle coming soon, but brand, type and caliber yet to be determined.

I would say that I'm fairly brand agnostic.

I have Winchester, Browning, Remington, S&W, Glock, Rossi, Ruger, Marlin, Henry, Mosin Nagant, a Hodge podge AR-15, and Kimber in my safe.

I wouldn't say that I am a fan boy of any one brand, I buy a gun because I like that particular gun, not because it's a specific brand.

That said, I do own more Ruger firearms than any other. Most of them were purchased because Ruger was the only one offering a gun on the clambering I wanted, at a price I was willing to pay (.358 Winchester and .22 Hornet, .327 Federal), or, they were the only option period (.45 convertible Blackhawk).

I will however, not buy a gun because it's a particular brand. Some guns are inexpensive, and some are cheap............inexpensive is fine, but I try and stay away from cheap.

My wife & I own more S&W than anything else, with Kimber & Ruger second. We also have Walther, Henry, Remington, Colt and Rock River.

"That got me thinking, what's the norm?"

I think some purchases come from the previous one. Say a Glock 26 after a 27 because your holster is the same, or a 17 and share mags. Maybe you get used to a paddle mag release.
I think some of the brand loyalty comes from familiarity with a product. Before long you have 2 of these, and 2 of those.... or 5.... :)

I've owned most of the common brands over the years, but I'm a Smith & Wesson guy for handguns.

Long guns it really doesn't matter. I suppose most of what I've owned over the years have Sears and Roebuck stamped on them. At least the ones I've liked enough to keep.

Variety is the Spice of Life

I have some certain brands that I like, but CZ is my #1 favorite.

With that said, only 3 out of 23 guns are CZs...

Variety is the spice of life!

I never really gave it much thought. I guess that I go about it the same way I do my trucks. Creature of habit.
Gun wise....lots of Colts, lots of Brownings and some Armalites here and there, along with a few Winchesters and Rugers, a couple of Remingtons...
Nope, guess I really don't stick to just one.

I seem to have more Henry's than any other, but that's because it's the brand my wife knows and buys me for presents!

I buy styles, and at the present it is semi-auto pistols, lever actions and .22 rimfires of all types.

Although I own other brands, I am a Ruger fanboy. If I had deeper pockets I may have more of the others, but dollar for dollar I find Ruger to be the best value.

I have Colt, Remington, Browning, Kahr but I always feel like I am getting more than I paid for when I get a Ruger. Enjoying my LC9S Pro as EDC and my 10/22 M1 Carbine replica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting question, I looked back at what I owned and I don't have a brand loyalty. They all worked for me.

Raven 25, Star 38super, Winchester 30.30, Targa 380, Keltec 9mm, SW 9mm, Sig 40sw, Mossberg 12g, HK 9mm, MP15 556mm and now Glock 10mm.

The MP15 and the Glock is all I have now.

Back