Do you have a brand?

Kvon2

I was talking to a friend about my growing collection and they pointed out that of my 9 firearms, none of them are the same brand. I hadn't really thought about it but he found it kind of odd and seems to have a certain loyalty to one or two brands.

That got me thinking, what's the norm? I am seriously considering my next purchase to be a CZ which would finally be my first double.

Do you have a brand?

I guess I understand it both ways depending on what aspect of gun collecting you enjoy. If you like a variety of calibers but want to have the same manual of arms then an extensive collection of Glocks would make sense. I like different action types, materials and brands so I have plastic, stainless, blued, and alloy. I have everything from single actions to striker-fired and from .22 to .45. That's what makes sense to me.

I especially like finding quality guns that are under priced and I tend to find Rugers, Remingtons and Smith and Wessons more often than anything else. If the problems are cosmetic and the price is low, I'm interested.

Never really gave it much thought, but of one brand I own the most firearms of, it would be Ruger. Next Remington.

Since I seem incapable of doing so, I have a lot of respect for those who can specialize their collection(s).

In the antique clock world, I have a vast array of makes, styles, and countries of origin. I am not far from the same with firearms. I have more of an accumulation of various brands and vintages of pistols, revolvers, shotguns and rifles.

It is either just not a collection or a lack of discipline on my part. :(

I tend to buy individual guns that I like regardless of who makes them. For instance my favorite revolver is my S&W Model 66 , but my next revolver purchase will most likely be a Ruger Single Action. So, again, I make decisions not so much on the brand, but on the specific model.

I own more Dan Wesson 1911s than any other handgun. Find them awfully hard to resist.
In long guns it's Winchester by a big margin.

Of my 14 firearms, I have 11 different brands. Of the two brands I have multiples of, they are very different (semi-auto-revolver with handguns and semi-auto-lever-bolt with rifles).

I have several various makers, Smith, Ruger, Beretta, Walther and Winchester are on the top of my inventory list. ;)

In revolvers, I have a distinct preference for S&W but my overall ownership of rifles, handguns and shotguns is spread out over six brands.

Czech guns in general. From CZ I have the 75, 452, and 612 and I will be getting the P01 for concealed carry very soon. I also have a VZ58 from Century and a cut up Cz26 submachine gun waiting for me to find a legal way to rebuild it. My only non Czech guns are my Mosin and AR

I buy what I want, and am not really brand-loyal. But...

Rugers and Marlins (mostly pre-Remington) greatly outnumber the other brands in my safes. Together, I think they account for about 50% of the storage space.

I buy whatever suits me, not brand specific. I do prefer Colt 1911s and S&W revolvers but I own many other brands. I wouldn't let brand stop me if I like the gun.

Right now I'm heavily weighted toward Mauser 98 in rifles, Ruger in handguns. Once upon a time it would have been Colts and Winchesters.

I enjoy the variety of the guns I own. Three of one brand, two of two others, one each of three others. (I know, a modest collection compared to many here.) I have revolvers and semis; DA, DA/SA, and SAO; thumb safeties up, down, and nowhere to be found. I suppose if I was collecting for collecting sake I might need to find a specialty, but my specialty so far is, "It shoots pretty good."

In regards to brand numbers, both Smith & Wesson and Ruger top out at five.

Beretta, Remington, and Yugoslavian surplus have three each.

But out of 40 guns, I have 23 different brands/makers. Some have doubles, but I buy the design/gun over the brand.

As it sits right now, my favorite brand happens to be CZ. I really like my SP-01. Ruger is a close second. Smith & Wesson and Beretta were top dog in my safe for years... but Beretta really isn't bringing anything I'd want to the table and Smith & Wesson really has gone downhill with their revolvers from years past (they have revolvers I like, but the lock and current production techniques really pushed me away).

My favored brand for over 40 years is Ruger because so many of their products appeal to me from revolvers to pistols to long guns. That being said, I also own firearms from Winchester, Colt, S&W, Walther, Remington, High Standard and Mossberg.

The only brands that I own more than one of are Beretta and Smith & Wesson. I wouldn't really say either is my far and away favorite brand though.

Back