Do these American Flag grips offend you?

not offended, lots of potential to be cool, but poorly thought out? I like the distressed look. However as mentioned the number of stripes is off as are the number of stars. Also if carrying in a holster it would put the flag upside down which I always understood to a be a distress symbol, and which I have always understood to be a no no. It would put the flag facing up when holding it, but at that point your hand is most likely holding it and you wont be able to see it. Lastly with them being slick panels, no texturing, i would not use them except on a range gun, I prefer more grip on the gun.

Over all, it doe not offend me, personally no, it is missing a little attention to detail in the design. Did you friend buy or make them?

I’m a vet and don’t think those grips are offensive. I think they are part patriotic and folk art from their looks. I’m not an art critic, differs strokes for different folks. I have a 1911 on the way. Series 70 and it has Pachs and guy threw in set of GI plastics. Cant abide either. Gun would have had Wood with Bark finish/ Colt medallion. I never liked them either. I’ve been looking on line and there are hundreds of grips on eBay. From $9.99 to as much as you want to pay. Gun I’m buying lived in cash drawer of gas station. Shot little but from blue wear looks like room mate was a ratchet set.

Not Offensive just ugly

Not offended in the least. I just don't like the look.

Uhh the grip, not your Razorback. I think something dark for grips on SS pistols look the best.
I'm a fan of Ivory as well, not sure how that would look with stainless.

Not offended in the least. I just don't like the look.
I agree. I think most people that are offended by what they see as the misuse of the flag is when it is done in a disrespectful manner. Also, I really do like the various grips made for G10 and micarta much better.

Hand-Salute !!!

A bit too flashy for my style, but not offended.
I am a Veteran and "fly-the-colors" quite often. I fear that some day, I might encounter someone burning one, in my front of me as I know I'm about to get, in serious trouble. ...... :mad:

I always salute the "colors" and only take a knee, to a higher power ...... :)

Be Safe !!!

In addition to the wrong number of stripes and stars, the "flag" would appear upside down when the handgun is in a waist holster. I don't like the grips.
To answer the general question: I'm not offended but yes, it is not an accurate depiction of the flag so it looks like a cheesy bit of Americana. You might as well have a picture of Uncle Sam on there. There is also the question of it looking distressed.

Here is what the question is searching for, so hope it deserves staying around.
Wrapping flags on everything comes off as "jingoism" which is an English word that describes negative overt patriotism. At an unreasonable level.

Flags everywhere is kinda silly. It's not harmful, it's just kinda silly. Just as it is silly to not acknowledge a flag is constitutionally protected to be destroyed in protest under Amendment 1, when we carved ourselves off of a more controlled govt.

So while the flag has it's place and is amazing, *you* asked if it is offensive. No more that one than any other on a weapon. Responsible gun owners are one thing, but guns kill a lot of people in the US. In my state, kids kill themselves by suicide with a gun more than car accidents kill them all the way up to age 18--which includes 16 year old driver learners. And this happens MOST in good America waving rural parts of Utah.

So does it offend? No. But I dislike flags on guns. Makes no sense. Also highlights a double standard the US ONLY has while drum beating a group that tends to ignore a larger issue.

If this deserves closing because of the comment, the question should have been does it look good or not.

Last edited:
My guns behave regardless of the grips

What the OP asked; Do we find these grips, offensive. Most have stated, no and if some some have expressed that they do, that is their Constitutional right to do so. ...... :p

Be Safe !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish we would STOP worrying about who is offended. All my life, except maybe the last 5 to 10 years, I have never heard people asking are you offended. Yes, people are offended by certain things. Yes, they will continue to live.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Back