Do these American Flag grips offend you?

wizrd

A good friend recently gave me these grips, - just because he thought they would look good on my Dan Wesson Razorback. - Is anyone here, -particularly our veterans - offended by this use of our flag. I wasn't sure about them - but I think they look great. - Yea or Nay on the flag use.

Attachments

• IMG_0713.JPG
    IMG_0713.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 543
I’m a veteran and not offended. Had you wadded up a flag and wrapped around the gun, I would most likely be offended.
That’s not a flag, that’s a picture of a flag. Quite a difference.

The folks that wrote the 1923 flag regs are (were- they ought to be long dead now, I reckon) ...way too full of themselves ..... that whole Progressive Era was un-American, in my view ...... Do what you will, if it does no harm to your neighbor .....

I like them but then, the don't look all that comfortable to use. I'd rather have copy of Old Glory on my T-shirt and keep the Hogue rubber grips on my M1911a1.

Tony

Not an American flag. Wrong number of stars, wrong number of stripes.

I'm a veteran. I don't find them offensive, but I think they're unattractive and rather crudely executed. I wouldn't put them on any pistol I own.

In addition to the wrong number of stripes and stars, the "flag" would appear upside down when the handgun is in a waist holster. I don't like the grips.

I'm more at peace when I mind my own business. I don't have the spare brain cells to worry about your grips. Maybe the Georgia runoff?

Not criticizing anyone,just stating my style...I let another person pick their own grips,hat,dog,mate,briefs or boxers,etc. I don't "gift" those.

I prefer "subdued" guns. Non-eye catching. You may enjoy as you please. I also don't bother myself over another person's choices.

Likewise, I don't need approval for any of my choices. It does not much matter to me what you think of my gun.

As far as the Flag....I personally don't "use" it. I respect it.

I don't doubt you are Loving America with those grips. I have no heartburn

I like old John Prine's song "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore" RIP,John

Last edited:
The is a large segment of People now in the US that do nothing but show disrespect for the Flag, the Anthem, the Troops, police etc. To hell with every single one of them. If you put the American flag grips on your gun then I suspect it was done in a sense of pride for the flag and our Country, and the flag is a symbol of that pride. In that respect I am all for it and no way offended. That said, It does not visually look very good on that Pistol.

I am old and somewhat conservative. I grew up treating the Flag as a semi sacred icon.

I resent every merchant that displays oversized flags to point out his used cars dealership location and you won't see me wearing a sweaty flag covered t-shirt or sitting on a flag designed beach towel. A tasteful lapel pin is about my speed.

Other folks see things differently and this old fart won't be going to war with them. Freedom is too important to us all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not as crisp and classy looking as others.
But not my gun, and no offense taken here.
And most importantly, it’s YOUR 1st amendment rights to do so.

I'm not a veteran, but I can't begin to fathom why a veteran would be offended by the sight of grips bearing the symbol of the nation they fought for, especially considering that it's pretty good indication that the person who carries the gun is a patriot who most likely appreciates a soldier's service.

Back