Do not use airosft or air guns for firearms training

@ LastStar75,

I’m glad you came back to respond. This is a public forum and you are certainly entitled to your opinion. It seems like most of the other members do not agree with you and have stated their reasons why.

Way before I was old enough to own a real gun, I shot BB/pellet guns. Some of those had really crappy triggers, but it built the basics of marksmanship, namely trigger control and sight picture. Those obviously did not recoil. The first time I fired a real gun, there was some flinching, but I didn’t do bad. I have been shooting for about 25 years already and have fired quite a few rounds from quite a few different guns. I feel air soft works for me as a supplement to live fire. It’s much better than not practicing due to price/availability of ammo. As I mentioned in my first response, the bullet has usually left the barrel by the time you feel the recoil.

You mention that not everyone who picks up a real gun after shooting air soft is a great marksman. If starting with a hard recoiling caliber, the noise and recoil are going to be teal factos to contend with. They are typically better than someone with absolutely no experience.

Back