Deer season is over........what now?

No more playing with Bambi? Lotsa folks hang out at the gun store and swap stories of they saw and did and what their buddies saw and did.

By the end of February or thereabouts, most racks grew more points and field-dressed weights gained a goodly amount. (Of course, some folks were foolish enough to take pictures, and must of necessity stay with the truth. Give them a moment of sympathetic silence.) Always remember this truism: The first liar doesn't stand a chance.

284:

Fried fish!!!!!

And I'm with you.......need the hot sauce.

But......the whole ICE thing......still, way better than whatever &^%$#! Hollywood is streaming across the TV screen.

Yotes are one I plan to target and might just have a few plots of private land lined up... Same for the feral cats I will get to use the ol' winchester auto loader on...

Hogs with dogs and night time hog gunnin' is what me and wifey will try to do together this summer too...

Brent

Small game on occasion. This time of year I tend to devote to pulling monster pike and burbot through the ice and radar runs on the sled.

Deer season is over and sadness has occured, oh how I miss it so much and look forawrd til deer season 2013. Maybe get outdoors and do some bird hunting during January and February. After that maybe some kind of varmit hunting.

I've been squirrel hunting, and no hogs here-so squirrel till the end of jan-rabbits till the end of feb and ice fishing.

Coyote and hogs year round .... for those of you who havent tried trapping its a good thing to do in the "off season"and doesnt take near as much time to do as deer hunting. Where I might have spent half a day sitting ina deer stand, I spend about a hour a day runnin traps.

Its pretty easy to get into and with a $130 investment into a dozen leg traps a friend of mine and myself caught over 100 predators in our first 12 months of "learning" how to trap just by watching utube videos and reading articles online.

How many game animals do ya think we saved?

Its fun to do. Its like Xmas every day ya run the line. you just dont know what your going to have waiting on you and your game will thank you.

Back