Dangerous mishaps while hunting.Had any?

Husqvarna

are you serious Egor? I've heard similar stories over here aswell but just assumed it were jokes. are people that stupid or do they do it on purpose?

Yes, its not a joke.

I don't think they're malicious, just plain dumb. My wife's a veterinarian that specializes on horses. Almost every opening day, she has a patient. The year from Nov.2010 - Nov.2011, she had 9 horses and and 13 other livestock shot she had to tender to. those are just her patients, she's not the only Vet in the area (don't have the other vet records).

I'd say something about dumb hunters, but the Mods would ban me :mad:

I don't think they're malicious, just plain dumb. My wife's a veterinarian that specializes on horses. Almost every opening day, she has a patient. The year from Nov.2010 - Nov.2011, she had 9 horses and and 13 other livestock shot she had to tender to. those are just her patients, she's not the only Vet in the area (don't have the other vet records).

OK lady OK, its your elk, just let me get my saddle and bridle off it.

My serious note was back a ways in this thread, but I did have one other scare years ago. I was working in New Orleans back then and I was big into bass fishing in my Pirogue. I had bought it cheap, and it was small and there wasn't much boat sticking out of the water when I was in it with all my gear. I wanted a bigger boat, so I put out the word that I'd sell the pirogue. A guy I knew, a real big guy that was maybe 6 foot 5 and 260 pounds, offered me money for the boat. I sold him the boat. It was a really cold (for south Louisiana) duck season by then and this guy had a new shotgun and was pumped to go hunting. I heard shortly after that that the boat I had sold him had sunk with him and the brand new shotgun, and in deep cold salt water. I also heard that he was looking for me. He wanted a refund, but he had shot about 5 holes in the boat after he dragged it to land. After I avoided him for a week, he calmed down. Whew! He was a whopper of a guy. I laughed about all that for years, but never around him.

And Kraig's note reminds me that back in the 60's, when I was working at wiping windows and filling gas tanks at Dad's Exxon station (Esso, back then), a couple of guys from south Louisiana came in to the station for gas during deer season and they had a goat tied across the back of the car. I was just a kid and told Dad about the goat and he just said "fill em up and don't say a word about the goat".

kraigwy

OK lady OK, its your elk, just let me get my saddle and bridle off it.

You just made me choke on a bourbon Kraig.

Its a COW!!

Did you ever hear the old joke about the farmer was painting COW on the side of his bull when a neighbor pulled up in his pickup. The neighbor stood there scratching his head till he said "Jed why are you painting COW on the side of your bull?"

Wait for it!!:D

Jed replied "I don't want to confuse any of those city fellas that are out here hunting for their first time."

I did hear a true story about a couple shooting an white Angora goat and putting it in the trunk of their car. When they proudly showed it the the farmer, who had foolishly given them permission to hunt on his property, he call the local sheriff, game ranger and his lawyer (the goat was worth quite a lot of money).

Back