Dan Wesson Pistol Pack

I had to laugh wondering where the heck they were finding prices like that then I noticed the date. $900.00 would be a pretty good deal today I think!

I would grab a $900 Pistol Pac as fast as I could these days. I still regret not buying the used one that was at my neighborhood, like a couple of blocks away LGS, and it was cheap.

I got one in H&R 32 Magnum,,,, with out a doubt, the finest pistol I have ever owned...Love The interchangeable barrels,,, so easy, And accurate, it shoots way better than I am capable of...and the fit and finish,,,,,,the best!!

I would get another in an instant..

Dan Wesson

I had a 15-V, 6" from that era back in the day, my first serious handgun, , and bought a second grip for it as well. The revolver seemed splendidly accurate, and may well have been the most accurate revolver I ever had......but my testing and records in those days left a lot to be desired. I certainly made some of the best field shots on ground hogs and milk jugs that I ever did. But I had some criticisms, and eventually traded it for a M27.

The 15-V developed some sort of lockwork trouble,and went back to the factory at least once. Seems like that was manifesting itself again when I traded it. Additionally, the removable barrel arrangement spoiled a hunt for me on one occasion. I got to the location, and somehow the lock nut was loose and I lacked the tool to reset barrel gap and tighten the nut back. No choice but to call it quits, a ruined trip. Yeah, my bad, but with a fixed barrel gun, the problem would have never occurred. The 15V went down the river shortly there after.

You didn't need to send your gun back to the factory, the DW mechanism is super simple and very easy to repair. I have fixed quite a few guns friends have bought that needed some minor part and at this point I have everything to assemble a complete 15-2, except for the frame itself. I have had over a dozen 15-2's over the last 42 years (A used 15-2 was the second gun I ever bought in 1977 after my horrible Taurus 83 had to go to FL for the first of two unsuccessful repair attempts), and the only parts I've used out of all that I have accumulated have been about 4 hammer springs, a couple of hand springs, one ball bearing and the little curved piece that holds the yoke in place. Right now, I have a near mint 715, and two 15-2's, all three with both 4" and 6" VH barrels.

Back