Dan Wesson .357 Magnum

stinkeypete, Thanks so much for the valuation and opinion. Went back to buy it and she was gone. He has a second one that's a little newer, I'll post pics of that when I can. This second one is unfired, but does have the drag mark on the cylinder. Three total barrels and all the right accessories. it's a "15-5". It has 2"-4"-6" barrels, factory hard case, paperwork, wrench and three grips.

I’ve got one I’d let go of. Not perfect and no original case, but it has 2, 4 and 6 inch barrels.

0f99e28f8d44617ee52b6ec7131ac702.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out to range last week and tried out the new to me 15-2 using the 8", 6", & 4" barrels. I was amazed how easy they are to change out quickly. Got a new green fiber optic front sight for my old eyes & after some sight adjustment started to get it figured out. Previous owner must have been shooting steel rams at 200 meters as the rear sight was way up there & my first shots with the 8" barrel at a 12" plate from 50 yards was way over the top.
Here's my best group at the end of the day with the 6"barrel, off hand slow fire at 15 yards.
QVu0Dogl.jpg

I was shooting my 15-2, that I bought used, recently.
I really like the gun. The comfort of quickly changing the grips, the ease of changing barrels and the very good SA trigger make the gun one of my favorites. Also it is light in comparison with eg a 686 with same barrel length. The overall quality is good, it’s a Monson one from the mid 80is. I think the Dan Wesson’s of this time are very fine handguns and somehow a piece of history.

I have one question about the exchangeable barrels: Is there a recommended torque? Or, in other words, how tight shall the nut be?

All the best,

Peter

92647278d4db2d1c20a7edad2831fbe5.jpg

Last edited:
You just have to snug it up, don't "gorilla it". The only time I've ever had a nut come loose shooting was when I forgot to tighten it up in the first place.

Thanks for clarification!

Is there a store in the US that ships Dan Wesson hammer springs internationally? EWK is not shipping outside the US and in Europe the springs are not available at all.

Back