Dan Wesson .357 Magnum

Even without the wrench and case, it's a decent deal. Those barrels are bookoo bucks.
It's almost as pretty as mine are:

FO1RgO.jpg

f4aRm0.jpg

Very nice revolvers, thanks for posting them

I just bought a full set, a nice weapon, quality build. There are only little numbers sold in Switzerland.

ed7fa5f65436f3fb0476e268f9e16904.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

8 barrels, very impressive. Do you live in Switzerland too ?

1950.- sounds like a good price for such a kit

Indeed, I never saw a full set with all barrels before, was pure luck. Yes, I am from Basel area.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Nice gun. Here's my 15-2vh. I picked up the 2.5" barrel and shroud in 2003 or so from CZUSA, so it's all Monson except the snub barrel.
c5060bcc0152fcd89f64dc6865db405e.jpg

Found this set yesterday for sale, and took it home. Came in the box with all the add-ons.
There is only one barrel nut in the set for the shrouded barrels. Was this normal for the pistol packs? Can they still be found as spare parts?

3f48af5fd5c23e76a8ebc03f601d0750.jpg

fd17cd8a15677e1a99c99eb9cd53c7d0.jpg

What's it worth?

I have an opportunity to pick this up. This photo is from the seller. I'll get to put my hands on the Dan Wesson on Friday. Supposedly, it's complete with case and unfired. What do you guys think this kit is reasonably worth?

Attachments

• DW357.jpeg
    DW357.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 50
Dendang, that kit is equivalent to the best S&W plus hundreds of dollars per barrel (which you may well never use but you have the option) plus the collectors value of a Monson Dan Wesson.

I would trade a 686 Performance Center for that DW in a heartbeat. $1500 is ridiculously cheap, it’s worth a lot more than $2,000. I’d trade a FA .357 Premier with some regret.. in 2 seconds. That’s $2,500.

A Korth Mongoose Silver is $5,000. If someone said I can pick between a Korth custom and a 1976 that Unfired Dan Wesson kit...
I would be torn. I’d still probably pick the DW. That’s not saying I have $5k to spend on a custom revolver.

If you told me someone paid $5k for a 1976 unfired DW with all barrels, tools, papers and case, I would not think they were some rich dude that didn’t know any better. I guess it depends on how quick the seller needs cash. My estimate: $3,000 to 5,000.

Last edited:
I just got this pristine 1979 vintage pistol pac with all the case candy & the case itself is in perfect condition too. Was told the 6" barrel is the only one that's ever been shot on the gun & after close examination & cleaning I believe that to be true. Can't wait to get out this weekend & see how it shoots. Wanted one for years & wasn't going to let this one get away.
dtlZ94fl.jpg

jVBEP4rl.jpg

Back in the early 80's a local gun store had in full kit, revolver and 3 extra barrels, I think it was $600.00. They also had Colt Python's on sale, 6" python $385.00.I missed the boat on both, a friend bought 2 Python's sequentially numbered, never fired either. I wonder what they're worth now.

Back