Daily Carry and The Means of Carry

Rob,

I too have compromised before and placed a spare mag in the driver's door map pouch in my Miata but I'd still like to be able to carry one on my belt where it didn't feel like it was pointing away from my body suitable for IPDA or IPSC instead of concealment.

I didn't mention my carry stuff earlier so here goes:
- choice of BHP in Kramer IWB, Commander sized 45ACP in Andrews IWB, "chopped" BHP mexican carry, or Kel-Tec P11 with factory belt clip
- choice of Elsihewitz M5 Omega, EDI Genesis I, or Reeve large Sebenza folder
- choice of Spyderco Moran in Edge-Works slip sheath, Simonich talonite Wambli in crossdraw, Elishewitz Mission in weakside IWB, or Hielsher custom ranch in leather crossdraw

Two knives, one gun and usually no spare mag.

-=[Bob]=-

Rob -
In answer to your question at the end of your last post to Bald1:
Here in the otherwise great state of Virginia we cannot carry in places which serve alcohol, period. So in those instances, I plan ahead and do the best I can with non-firearm options. If I am going somewhere which does not serve alcohol, usually where I eat anyways, I make sure my LWS32 is in a pocket if leaving the coat on is not an option. However the real trick is to use a fanny pack or a briefcase or shoulder bag. Admittedly with the last two the firearm is off the body which is not good, but at least it is close to me! One reason I like the snaploop and velcro rigs for IWB carry, easy off to put elsewhere.

[This message has been edited by ATM (edited 12-16-98).]

Indeed, ATM. I had a snap-loop bladetech IWB on with my G23 monday when I took the baby to see Santa. WE decided to eat at the mall, which I wasn't expecting, so I had to make a quick trip to the men's room and put the gun and holster into the chest pocket of my coat.
I sometimes evny my wife her galco purses...then I remember the speed drills at the range. Those damn things are even slower than fanny packs....

------------------
-Essayons

Normal carry- 45 Commander in a Dillon LTD sometimes for like quick trips to the store I'll just tuck it in my waistband in a mexican carry. Warm weather- Colt Det. Spl. in a Milt Sparks Summer Special. For those times where social or other considerations make carrying a gun awkward or frowned upon- there's usually a PSP 25 tucked in a pocket.

Colt 1911 Goverment worked over by The Action Works in a Rosen ARG or a S&W 442 in a Kramer pocket holster or a Null sholder holster.

Always have a 6P and a Spyderco or Benchmade along also, sometimes more than one
smile.gif

Looking at a Blade-Tech or somthing similar for IDPA and general outdoor open carry when 4 wheeling/camping/fishing/hunting/shooting. Plus will use the Kydex when repelling and other tactical uses when the issue 9mm Beretta just does not make the cut. Then out comes the old worked over Remington Rand 1911
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Shrike9 (edited June 18, 1999).]

everyday wear...Ruger SP-101 2 1/4" bbl in .357) in a Mitch Rosen "Workman".

Heavier clothing...HK USP40 in a Mitch Rosen beltslide

hunting/hiking...HK (as above) or a Ruger Super Blackhawk (4" bbl) in a Mitch Rosen "Sport" holster

All are used w/ a Mitch Rosen belt and are accompanied by a Benchmade 970

Daily carry, most of the time: 1911A1 modified by me.

Holster: Anderson Shopkeeper's (copied by Lou Alessi)
Magazine pouch: Alessi dbl. snap on with the bullet noses to the rear when worn on the left side. (also have an Alessi single pouch that I use at times)

Non 1911A1 carry day - time: AMT DAO .45 Backup in an Aker pocket holster.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum

Everyday dress wear:
Taurus 85UL in a Galco Ankle Glove. 5 rounds in a dump pouch.

Casual wear:

Colt 1991A1 Compact in a low ride version of the Alessi Talon Plus. 1 or 2 spare mags.

or

Kahr K9 in a Milt Sparks SS-2. 1 or 2 spare mags.

--City, Daytime, Work: Glock 30 (.45) with Ashley Express Big Dot sights, in Blade-Tech Paddle with speed cut.

--City, Evenings, Casual: Glock 30 in fanny pack.

--City, Daytime or Evening Social, high-risk area: Glock 27 (.40 s&w) in Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealment Holster.

--City, Daytime or Evening Social, low-risk area: Glock 30 in Bayer Arms phone facade CIPS holster.

--Jogging/Sports: Glock 27 in Active Body Holster Co's Sport Belly Band.

--Outdoors/Hiking: Glock 29 (10mm) with 5.5" Bar-Sto and G20 hicaps in Glock Sport/Combat beltslide.

--In and out of post office, courthouse, schools, and while drinking: Outdoor Edge pocket folder and good shoes to run like hell if need be.

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited July 02, 1999).]

Normally, I carry a Kimber stainless Gold Match in a leather strongside IWB holster(handmade for me by an old holstermaker I met at a show). Carry a spare mag in a Milt Sparks IWB mag pouch.
Also, clothing permitting, carry a Smith Centennial Airweight in my front pocket and a speed strip in the opposite pocket.

Back