DA or SA

What kind of triggersystem do you prefer for your EDC gun?

• SA

Votes: 39 36.8%
  • DA

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • DAO

Votes: 19 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer a DA/SA, with all my semis (exception: my PT22) giving me cocked-n-locked capability.
I prefer my revolvers offer me both, too.

Been carrying a 1911 for my EDC since the late 60's. Always condition one. Even when I practice at a range where drawing from the holster is verboten, I have it cocked and locked so I train with disengaging the safety.

SA is my choice.

In theory, my preference is DA or DAO. That because I very much like the concept of a gun NOT being cocked (or even partially cocked) until that is done deliberately. So, one of my favorites is the Sig P250, one of which I do have. These can be a bit difficult to master, however.

In practice, though, I have always really liked the DA/SA'S (the SA mode is nice for precision shooting....and I liked having a decocker, for the reason stated above). But, as I seem to shoot the "Glock style" trigger the best....and I do prefer, at the end of the day, the "constant action" type of trigger, on any platform.....I must put myself into the DA camp.

I have just transitioned to Glocks and no longer have any DA/SA's, as it happens (because I shoot them better).

So, call me DA / DAO....depending on how one chooses to define the Glock trigger.

Back