Considering a pocket revolver -- but do they actually fit in pockets???

There are too many much better substitutes for the J-Frame to consider one for self-defense.

My friend owns this: https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p365-nitron-micro-compact.html

His J-Frame has been retired to his gun safe.
I don't especially care for having anything in my pockets if I can avoid it.

The P365 just doesn't seem to fit my hands well, for whatever reason, although I"m looking forward to finally trying one of the new Springfield Hellcat pistols.

Not *quite* as light or compact as the J-frame, but they fit 10-12 rounds into barely any more space.

Sig has their new "anti-snag" model of the P365 that is marketed especially for pocket carry -- no sights or levers that can catch on anything.

When I try to "deep conceal" it usually means pushing the gun down far under the belt line, which makes it very difficult to draw a semi-auto due to its angular shape. The Hook shape of a revolver makes it easier to do this, and the cylinder can be pushed down low to where there's barely a bulge. Great for tucked in shirts. But I would never consider a 5-shot revolver to be my primary carry, as much as I like my new J-frame.

Back