Confessions from an ex-Glock Fanatic

Ya, ya can't beat Glock "perfection". Like the way not all my Glock 9/40/45 hicaps fit in all my Glocks. Some won't seat or lock the slide properly in all the guns the same way. Or the light strike problems I've had with all of them from time to time. Or erratic ejection patterns. Mediocre accuracy. Or how my wrists suddenly get limp firing one handed, weak handed or from odd positions when they are stiff enough for my SIGs. Can drive ya buggy. My first choice if I gotta drop it out of a helicopter, drive my truck over it and soak it in saltwater though. Yeah, I do that every day. :)

They are Numero Uno in sales for a lot of very good reasons. The SAS, USN Seals, Secret Service, OH/MI/VA/DE/TX etc SP, INS/BP and many others prefer other guns for a lot of very good reasons too.

I say get what ya like and don't waste time getting everybody else to agree with ya, no matter how much fun it is. :)

Everyone needs to own at least one Glock.

If you don't, you'll buy one. And if you sell one, you'll get another. TRUST ME ON THIS.

I have no love for the damn things, but they work. They will always be there. Bob.

concerned

Quantum, I'm concerned here. You say you used to own 7 and you've sold all but two. Using both new math and old math, I conclude that you sold five pistols. You didn't mention replacing those pistols with five new ones.

Unless you're in dire financial circumstances, a good rule of thumb to live by is that your firearms collection should never decrease, only increase or remain constant. :D

I'm concerned here. You say you used to own 7 and you've sold all but two. Using both new math and old math, I conclude that you sold five pistols. You didn't mention replacing those pistols with five new ones.

Unless you're in dire financial circumstances, a good rule of thumb to live by is that your firearms collection should never decrease, only increase or remain constant.

Agreed, but my terminology was not correct in earlier posts. I didn't sell them for $, I traded them in for guns that fit my needs better. I won't keep a gun I am not happy with. Instead, I'd rather trade in until my needs are met.

Tamara correctly pointed out that not everyone's body is the same as everyone elses. What fits you might not fit me. By the same token, I notice the same tunnel vision with the "combat" handguners. I applaud Quantum Singularity's quest for accuracy. I own a whole safe full of handguns, but I carry only two. The rest I enjoy owning because I enjoy guns. However, I have no use for guns that arn't accurate. I get no enjoyment out of shooting them, or owning them. Now accuracy, is subjective. I don't hold a Glock to the same accuracy standards that I would a bullseye match gun. I compare my Glock 17 to my Ruger P89 and my Hi-Powers and see the Glock bringing up the rear (right now. I have done very little testing (one load) so far, but that is where it stands at this point). I have owned two Glocks and am going to buy a third. I once onwed a G21 which broke on me after less than 500 rounds. I recently bought a Glock 17 which has had two failures to feed in less than 200 rounds (I never cleaned it after bringing it home from the store). That being said, I like my 17. I really like the trigger, and I think that after a good cleaning, it will feed fine. I see no reason to dedicate yourself to one brand, I am trying to own them all. I fully intend to buy a Glock 26 dispite my less than glowing report on my other Glocks. I don't believe that perfection exists in guns. I have had trouble with some that were supposed to be good, and good luck with others that were looked down upon.

What pistols did you trade them in for?

If accuracy is what you're into I hope you got a Sig P210. First its a Sig, has unbelievable accuracy, and I believe it has the same sturdy frame over slide design as the CZ pistols. Supposedly, a target gun that can be used for defense as well.

But all the same, I just shot a Glock 23 today and I can shoot that thing just as well as any handgun I've shot. For me, its all about how it measures up as a combat weapon and the Glock 23 is good as anything else out there. That's all the criteria that matters to me.

Back