Concealed/open carry

To the OP,

"Brandish" means to display in a menacing and intimidating manner. To just show someone your firearm without intent to scare or intimidate it is NOT brandishing.

ClydeFrog,

In some states, a concealed carry permit allows one to carry concealed in addition to carrying openly. Some states do not specify that the handgun must be concealed. There's a lot of variation from state to state.

I would like to add something I thought would tickle you fellas. Our Sheriff for El Paso County (Terry Maketa) is a firearms advocate. He has advertised in the local newspaper telling people to get their CCW permit. He believes more guns, less crime. :)

I doubt there can be any confirmation that someone OC'ing made some robbers go elsewhere unless they get arrested and say so.
If you watch any of the "locked up" type of shows they have on prison systems on the cable networks, you hear a lot of criminals saying that they moved on to an easier mark whenever they saw a gun or even a bulge they couldn't readily identify. I've yet to hear one say "I shot that guy first," though I shouldn't expect to hear that since so many claim to be "innocent" of murder.

Back