Concealed carry: Will my laziness get me killed?

There is the school of thought that any gun is better than no gun. "A mouse gun in your hand beats a rocket launcher left at home" is that type of thinking. I suscribe to the thought that when crisis hits, I will want the biggest, baddest gun I can shoot accurately. So therefore, I carry a full-size, major caliber handgun.

I fall into the full size, major caliber school of thought. All the handguns I own are full size, though I will probably buy something light for working out and jogging.

Maybe you should just experiment with different methods of concealment. I'm around people, customers, and coworkers all day long, sometimes working very closely with others. I use one of Gunslinger's bellybands worn around my waist with my 1911 in standard IWB position. With my shirt tucked in over and belt snugged up.

Futo, I know you are in a shirt and tie profession, and this works just as well for that. You just can't use a standard white dress shirt because they are to thin and the darker colors of the gun are visible. Off colors like tan or blue work very well though.

Back