Concealed Carry: What works for you?

Mostly it's a CZ97B,but the holster changes depending on style of dress. I tend to wear something sort of vest for work. With the vest, I use a High Noon shoulder right as it gives me access when sitting and driving. Without the vest, an MTR Leather tuckable IWB does the job. Works tucked or under untucked shirt. An older UBG scabbard is also comfortable with the vest or untucked shirt. Happily, Indiana isn't picky on concealed/open carry, so I don't worry much about it.

When(if) I do get a permit, I'll go back to IWB at 4 o'clock.

However for those days I need to wear a button up tucked in, does anyone have any suggestions?

A tuckable IWB. If it absolutely has to be 100% concealed (printing is no good) then you may need something on the narrow side. When wearing darker colors you'll probably be fine with even most double stacks, but if you are wearing a white dress shirt or something tight you may need a narrow single stack. With a tucked IWB your PT709 should pretty much completely disappear.

In Washington only federal facilities are no carry zones. Most state and local facilities are OK, with the exceptions of courts, jails and places where processing of criminals takes place. I can even carry into the airport as long as I don't venture into the dedicated "security" areas.

It's hard to beat the Glock 43...this gun is tiny.!

yujdFVD.jpg

Last edited:
I carry my SIG p226 40 IWB at the 2:30-3:00 position and a spare mag on my 10:00 in a horizontal carrier on my belt.

I'm a bigger guy and no one have ever noticed my gun that I am aware of.

In warm weather I'll go with cargo shorts and the same setup as above.

I have found that IWB carry is 1000% nicer with kydex vs leather and I have to have an undershirt between the holster and my body. Then I just throw on a light cover garment and I'm good to go.

Currently:

Mission Elite Heavy Duty Tactical Web Belt
Alien Gear Cloak Slide OWB Holster
Kahr CW9

Eventually plan on getting the Alien Gear leather gun belt, Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 Holster, and a Sig Sauer P320C in 9mm.

Good belt, quality holster, well fitting over garments to conceal. A pistol or revolver that is reliable, accurate, and that I can shoot well under stress.
Yep, that about covers it...my choice in guns is a 3" Smith M60 with any good HP ~125 gr. bullet. Rod

Over the past forty some years I've gone thru every type and size handgun for EDC. Since I bought my LCP last year it has been my constant companion in a pocket holster and an extra mag in a belt pouch. At my age this is just the ticket. YMMV. tom. :cool:

S&W 442 or 9mm Shield in kydex - appendix carry.

I have others that a carry, but most frequently grab one of these two.

Back