Concealed carry in girlfriends purse?

About that guntotenmamas satchel for men,,,

GTM-0155 Coming Soon - Men's Concealed Carry Briefcase.

I sent an E-mail to the company,,,
Within an hour I got a nice reply from their general manager.

She said the briefcase for men will be available,,,
In the first week of September,,,
She didn't give me a price.

It would be nice to have my CZ-75B with me,,,
I'll probably still carry my mouse-gun,,,
With a full size 9MM as back-up.

I'm fairly certain I will buy one,,,
And if anyone teases me,,,
I'll smack em with it! :)

Aarond

I really like the Gun Tote'n Mamas line of products, and consider the "Raven" design one of the best in the business. That briefcase looks to have a similar design, which is good.

Now the nitpicky comments about it:

1) I'm not a huge fan of their bucket-type holsters, and greatly prefer the Velcro-based "Stealth G4" wraparound from Coronado Leather. Fortunately, the Stealth costs all of about $10, making it a very sensible add on.

2) If you do choose to stick with the GTM bucket type holster, expect to need to snip open the holster mouth where it meets the trigger guard. It's usually a little too tight for most firearms.

3) When you set up a Raven (or, from the photos, the similar briefcase), set it up with the zippers on the front corner as you carry it on your left side. That gives you a draw similar to the one shown in pictures here: www.corneredcat.com/Holster/waist.aspx

As I said, I love the GTM line and have found the designers very approachable and very responsive to feedback. The products are well made and among the more affordable off body designs you can get. Strong recommendation, with the above caveats.

pax

Quote:
How did you get your CCW and NOT already know the answer to that question?

"I'm in PA, I didn't have to take a test or anything, just went to the sheriff's office and filled out an application. Then they gave some papers with basic rules but nothing really too specific. Which realizing now that I have questions that could potentially land someone in jail for me not knowing, I really think PA should have a test for CCW's, not just an application."

Naw, don't go there - really I did not mean anything with my comment - you gave an honest answer - its everyone's responsibility to be as informed as much as possible about the laws in your state - you are doing the right thing asking your questions in a forum like this. Once we start talking about CCW tests and such the whole thread will twist into a debate about mandatory training (already covered to death in other threads and forums)

Naw, don't go there - really I did not mean anything with my comment - you gave an honest answer - its everyone's responsibility to be as informed as much as possible about the laws in your state - you are doing the right thing asking your questions in a forum like this. Once we start talking about CCW tests and such the whole thread will twist into a debate about mandatory training (already covered to death in other threads and forums)

I agree more regulation would be a pain. They should hand out a better pamphlet though!

Back