Concealed carry in girlfriends purse?

WolfMacabre

Me and my girlfriend were talking today and a question came up between us about whether or not it is legally okay for me to keep my gun in her purse. I have a ccw license, she does not. Anyone know the legality of this? If it is legal is there a certain distance I have to be within?

It's a bad idea to carry a gun in a purse which could be quickly snatched away, even if it is your purse. They may only want cash and credit cards but they would hit the jackpot with a gun.

They do make purses specifically for carrying ,with a holster sewn in.
:DWhen you're carrying a purse do it right - color coordinate -purse, belt , shoes !

Only gangsters use gun molls

Never mind if the bag matches the shoes; I wanna know if the curtains match the carpet!

But seriously, even for a woman who has a CCL, unless the purse has an internal holster and is protected from purse-snatching, carrying in a purse is a dumb idea.

Do you know any woman who can reach in her purse and come out with the very thing she was looking for, on the first try? I rest my case.

Last edited:
Do you know any woman who can reach in her purse and come out with the very thing she was looking for

Yes, My wife.

An "Individual" tried truck jacking her with a knife. One round in the chest, one in the shoulder. He's doing 25 to life in a State where it means "25 to life".

She had a Gun Toten Mamas Concealed Carry Purse.

Nice job by your wife. Thats awesome she stopped a threat and also put away a BG for 25 to life. I hear you to its not this 25 to life BS where they get out early for some stupid reason. My state is horrible at keeping criminals away.

Do you know any woman who can reach in her purse and come out with the very thing she was looking for, on the first try? I rest my case.

Yea, my wife can. She too has a "Gun Totin' Mama" purse with it's own pocket/holster for a handgun, and a reinforced shoulder strap to hinder "cut and run" purse snatchers.

But no. She can't carry my gun.

I think everyone else pretty much covered this, but no, it would not be legal unless you are carrying said purse. Even then, according to Ohio law at least, any concealed weapon must be contained in a holster of some sort even with purse-, pocket-, car-, anywhere-carry. If caught, she would likely be charged with illegal possession & concealment of a handgun (felony) and you would lose your weapon most likely permanently.

Back