CO - Front Range get together

Hmmm .....

So far = nuttin' concrete in the least from my end. Looks to be that I'll have to hit a board meeting, present what we're up to & get a thumbs up from the BoD. Next BoD meet isn't till mid-Dec - I just missed the last one this past Thurs. :(

I agree that something a bit more central (E of Denver area maybe) would be better than my range "up here" - would allow something a bit more convenient for all.

& yeah, "wookie-killers." ;) I figure if we can bring even 1/4 of the stuff thought up in the "what if"-threads, we'll have ourselves some hum-dingers. :eek:

Bob, stick me on yer list just fer grins .....

Front Range Shoot

When I'm in Denver I usually con one of my buddies to go to the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club's Defensive or Steel matches. They are usually a lot of fun and combination indoors and outdoors. I was hoping to drive down to Pueblo and do a 3gun match USPSA style if I could con my buddy to join me( want to use his Ar 15 and Benelli). I think the 3 gun is Dec. 22?
Cutter

Hi folks,

Another CO lurker checking in here.
I do live in Boulder but please spare me the jokes,
I'm not from there originally.

I'll check with the Colorado Rifle Club (near Byers) about a group gathering.
They have a 1000 yd range but frown on 50 cal.
What "toys" did you guys have in mind ?

Speaking of toys - big toys -
the next 50 Caliber / Machine Gun Fun Shoot will be in May.
For those of you who missed the one in September,
it's just south of Ft Morgan.
Camping and food is available on site.

You can rent a spot on the line and rent your toy to others (if you like) -
or you can rent almost anything else or just spectate.
Full-auto Ma Deuce anyone ? Fired a 37mm lately ?

I'm editing the video for that show as we speak.
Some clips will be on my website soon.
Bookmark http://www.rmgo.org/ for dates or check with the
Fifty Caliber Shooters at the next gun show.

I'll ask about using the same property for a private gathering
but I suspect there may still be issues.

What sort of attendance numbers could we realistically expect ?

GotGun?

Were you the guy with the professional camera/video equipment at the 50 cal shoot?

I was doing sign-in & general pokin' around for the Dudster ....

Nope. Did get my own on tape, but I'm certain it's nowhere close to your quality. +, no editing planned. Figure the Cam-Corder on the tripod & $1/4million worth of stuff down-range - what's not to like? :D

Range

Sorry for the delay in posting. I'm out in Virginia with the wife's family for Thanksgiving.

Anyone got any low-down on a possible spot for the get together since I've been gone?

need more details ---

I'll be meeting with the owners of the property where we had the 50 cal / machine gun shoot on Sat.

how many people realistically ?
what kind of shooting, calibers, ranges are we looking for ?

is 20 minutes south of Ft Morgan too far ?

20 minutes south of Ft. Morgan is not too far for ME, but the folks from south of Denver might find it a tad too far. And I'd say that any range that can accomodate a bunch of .50s would be fine for what we're likely to have appear! :D

I'm starting to wonder if we're going to need to split this into North of Denver - South of Denver based on range availability.

I think we're probably talking about 15-20 people at the most as far as that goes. I'd appreciate it if you'd talk with the owner about using that property, though.

And yes, we're still looking at Dec. 8th because of a number of factors.

Hey guys, sorry I'm late. At least two of us from Colorado Springs would be interested, but north of Denver is a long way to go. Can we go somewhere further south, or CRC in Byers? The 8th? I guess that's what I get for not paying attention.

December 8th is the Clear Creek IDPA match. I'm probably working anyway, so I won't have to make that choice...

I'm in from the Springs but the 8th is out for me a I have to go to the Annual Las Vegas Rugby Tournament

Hasher

BTW, Bob I need to come and see you real bad if you get that job. I am from Kansas City and am jonsong real ba for some good Q.

I will be out of town for the next week. Hopefully the get-together isn't on Saturday, because I won't know about it. See ya.

Anyone else starting to think that maybe we ought to put this off until the Spring to give ourselves a little more time to work out the details?

How about early, early January? As in, before the sixth? You'd probably have two extra attenders, who would otherwide be out of town until summer.....

Just a thought. ;)

Everyone's locations?

Well, I can speak for about 3 Fort Collins shooters who would like to attend some sort of get-together, but we're lazy cusses who would prefer to keep it in the Northern half of the state ... we're in Fort Collins (if anyone's keeping track of everyone's location)

sapienza

Back