CO - Front Range get together

Nah! I'm still trying to get all our brass sorted/polished, my shooters cleaned ... & there's still the dishes.: p

Seriously, I've wanted to do that since I heard about TFL & found out about all the CO members .... oughta be a no-brainer.

But, don't most ranges have a visitor limitation, etc. & this beautiful weather's not gonna last forever ......

.... I think most every region's had a TFL-meet except CO ....

If I can just find a job there and get moved to Colorado Springs, I'd definitely be up for a get together (but damn, nobody is looking for Graphic Designers there right now :( )

I'm thinking that something in the general vicinity of Denver would allow for the most folks to attend. Not too far from the Springs or Ft. Collins. Are there any public shooting ranges east of there? I'm sure we could manage the rest of it, but we need a place that could accomodate all of us and our "toys". Any of you folks who've been here for a while know of any off the top of your head? What are the restrictions as far as state parks go? There's Barr Lake state park out near Brighton.

As to timing, I think the first weekend in December would be about as quickly as we could pull something together. Definitely open to thoughts, though.

I know of at least a good 1/2 dozen in the NE CO area, there's quiate a few in the Springs & a bunch in the Denver area - a good 100+ miles betwixt the two cities.

May be we do a North/South deal & Denver can .... ahem, well the folks in Denver can go to whichever, or both. Probablly wouldn't line up on the same day ....

Sounds great!

I just wrapped up my last road-trip
for this year, so I'm fairly flexible on
the date. I just moved out east to
Strasburg, haven't found a range out
this way yet. Did all my shootin' at
Cherry Creek State Park when we
lived in Centennial. Hope we can
work something out soon!

NOCO get-together?

Let's rock-and-roll. I could probably manage to haul along my brother, a sometimes-TFL lurker, too, if you're interested in a potential head-count.

sapienza

Seems to me that the only things we need to do are:

1.) Nail down a place and time, and

2.) Put the word out!

First or second weekend in December sound about right?

The big question in my mind is the "where" end of things. The rest will fall into place pretty easily once that's settled IMO. Need to focus ideas on that train of thought for a bit, fellas.

I'll give a hollar at my range's (mumble) Chief-guy tonight & see what's allowable for group shoots & give a report back.

Assuming a weekend day (seems the most likely to pull in a few), it'll be a bit crowded. Buy hey! 30+ TFL-ers with all kinds of "what's the best to kill a Wookie-type rifles" ought to run 'em right off that range section - at the very least. ;)

Back in a coupla .....

Your newest TFL moderator would be interested.

Labgrade.. wookie rifle?? That was funny.

Lock down a time. I'll try to make it. Anywhere between Fort Fun and the Springs works for me.

Rob

I would definitely try to make it, but with law school and weekend work it would depend on when and where. I'm in Gunbarrel, between Boulder and Longmont, and the only places I know of are off the road in the forest, and that wouldn't work.

What's the general feeling on the second Saturday (the 8th) in December? That ought to work out pretty well as far as being right in between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I think the range we went to might be a little out of the way for the guys coming from anywhere south of Denver, labgrade. But if we can't come up with other ideas then we'll go with it. Need input from the guys in and around Denver about possible locations since that's the most central area and provides the easiest access. Otherwise we'll be looking at 1.) a lengthy travel for some folks, or 2.) a smaller crowd than we'd probably like. We need to nail down the place ASAP, because everything else is going to spin off of that.

Anything east of Denver off of I-70 that anyone can think of?

On Monday, I'm interviewing for the assistant manager position at my favorite restaurant in Greeley: Bubba's Bar-B-Que. If I get it, I may be in a position to help out with some great grub! Then again, putting me in charge of a BBQ place would be akin to having an alcoholic run a liquor store! :D

Let's do it this way: If you even think you might be interested, drop me an e-mail (patriot_bob@yahoo.com) in the next day or two and I'll assemble a mailing list. Then we can communicate more fluidly than everyone checking back on this thread every day or two for info. Anyone who wants to put something out after that can drop it to me and I'll forward it. If we go with the 8th, that gives us three weeks. Not a LONG time, but the CO TRT has certainly done more on shorter notice!

This has a LOT of potential for a TON of fun! I'm psyched! :D

Back