Cimarron sez shop wear...

Have you fired the piece yet? Cosmetic and all that, but still... not for the price you paid. The dings and such should be left for you to do. Maybe they will come around and do the right thing for you.:cool:

"If the bluing is over the top of the ding, that's pretty damning of Cimmaron, in my book"

No, Cimmaron should not be damned, they only imported the pistol from Uberti. Fault lies at the factory.

Gotta, put the blame on the manufacturer, not the importer.

It looks like some soccer fan dropped the white receiver and kicked it in for a goal. The one ding appears to be in a place where it could not be with the fore-end assembled, and the other was made before case coloring. Poor QC at the factory.

Jim

Gun owners really get shafted sometimes due to the doj registration process. Imagine best buy telling you the 50'' tv you just spent all your money on has to go back to sony lol.

I'm confused. I don't know of any "doj registration". Is the OP some place where a '73 repro has to be registered? Ordinarily, a dealer should have no problem returning a firearm to the factory. The problem here is that the rifle was a special order and might have to be returned to Italy for correction, not just to the U.S. importer/distributor.

But if I were the OP, I would sure as heck make every effort get the problems fixed.

Jim

Just some observations:

1. Uberti made this rifle, and it's highly likely that they may have been the last folks to handle it.

2. Cimarron is only an importer, but I do believe they do have a gunsmith or two for defective merchandise.

3. It is highly likely that this gun had import marks put on in Italy and never saw the light of day on this continent until it was delivered at your dealer.

4. (question) Was the box already open at your local dealer prior to your arrival? Or was it opened for the first time within your presence?

I do ask the last question, because I know of one shop near me that opens all shipments into it, and their "jack legged" employees finger every gun.

That's why I no longer have anything shipped to aforementioned shop. :mad:

"It just a matter of trust."-Billy Joel

As a Cimarron customer, I am concerned about the lack of Customer support in this case.

Please keep us appraised of how it goes and the final results.

Update

My LGS is going back and forth with Cimarron and their dealer rep. Cimarron maintains that the damage occurred after it left Fredricksburg and is either the fault of the shipper or retailer.
The LGS is sure they will have the matter resolved but the timeline for that is unknown. I'm not sure how long these shenanigans will continue, but I've written off any CAS for the remainder of summer if not for the rest of the year.
In the meantime I am making preparations to liquidate the rest of my Cimarrons and replace them with another brand.
I cannot support a company that does not stand behind its retailers or customers.

Of mountains and mole hills

Your right Hawg, it's practically a non issue. Practically speaking.
If Cimarron can't help help a brother out with a mole hill I have very little faith in their ability to handle a mountain.
Who would they blame for an over sized chamber? Would they be any help if there was a mechanical failure?
Any other vendor that I've done business with would have had UPS at the door the next business day with a call tag. These guys just keep passing the buck.

Some, not all but some dealers,,,

Some, not all but some dealers,,,
Hide behind the tradition of,,,
All gun sales are final.

There is no law mandating this,,,
It just a practice maintained over the years.

I had a bad-out-of-the-box revolver one time,,,
The LGS said my only option was,,,
Send it to the factory for repair.

We argued a lot and I got a refund,,,
But it was like getting blood from a turnip.

I have heard all of the arguments justifying this,,,
But I also know that a gun dealer is able to,,,
Get a refund or trade on defective guns.

It cuts into their profits I'm sure,,,
But in the long run it builds better business.

Aarond

I've ordered several things from Cimarron and everything has been really great.

No offense to anybody posting here, though what bothers me is we haven't herd cimarrons side of the story, or why they are trying to sluff this off, if in fact they are.

Any time I order anything, from anybody, through a local gun shop, I open it in front of them and inspect the merchandise minutely.

I've bought several Uberti's, that I have had shipped to me. And, these Uberti's were from Taylors. These Uberti's are excellent.

And so were the cimarrons I have bought from Buffalo Arms.

Bill

Some of the importers and distributors, and even some gun shops have the mindset that once you fill out the paper work and take the gun home, any cosmetic issue is your problem. Most will work on mechanical issues, but not scratches, dings and dents. In fact the Cimarron website says, "SHIPPING DAMAGE: Every firearm is thoroughly quality inspected for damage or defect immediately before shipping. If damage or defects are found during quality inspection the firearm is not shipped. If you receive a damaged firearm it was damaged during shipment. Call Cimarron shipping for instructions. A claim must be completed before returning the firearm to Cimarron. It is your responsibility to work with us until the claim is filed. Damaged firearms must be returned within 30 days." They do not consider cosmetics to be an important issue. Even with some big issues, Cimarron figures that if something is wrong with the gun, you must have broken it. I have several Cimarron guns and like them all. They have models that are exclusive only to them. But if I bought one that had a major problem, I would look for a good gunsmith before I tried to get Cimarron to fix it. As for Taylor's, the only two guns I bought new that had mechanical problems both came from Taylor's. I fixed both myself with little effort, but I have no doubt that if I had called Taylor's about the problems, that they would've made the effort to make it right.

Last edited:
I was speaking with our rangemaster and a 4H/NRA instructor. The latter was telling me that they're dumping all their Cimarron in favor of the Ruger Bearcat. The rangemaster added that he's never had a Cimarron that was good.

I suppose it would be wise to examine it first before taking it out of the store.

The rangemaster added that he's never had a Cimarron that was good.

Then he hasn't had that many. I currently have, or have owned over twenty Cimarron guns, along with several Uberti firearms from other importers, and have had a real problem with one of them. A revolver with the front sight at almost the one o clock position. Shot about a foot to the right at twenty feet. Local gunsmith took care of that. The two I got from Taylor's were just timing issues. Took me about half an hour to fix them. I don't just shoot my guns at the range. I use my guns for every day carry on my farm. I hunt with them. They have been treated rough and still work like they should. Never had a problem with accuracy either. Your rangemaster sounds like he just likes Rugers better.

Reprieve!

Cimarron has issued a call tag! Finally. Hopefully we can get this turned around in the next couple of weeks.
This is easily the tenth or eleventh Cimarron I've owned. I'm starting to loose count. All the others have been flawless in fit and function. I've grown accustomed to the quality of their products and didn't scrutinize the rifle as well as I should have upon delivery. Lesson learned. I will go over its replacement with a fine toothed comb before accepting it.
Hawg, I've been ruminating on your posts and tend to agree that it would have been a tad rash to divest myself entirely of a number of good functioning, solid revolvers. A "bird in the hand" kind of thing.
Still the score is...
Quality: ****
Customer Service: *

Back