Choice Browning Hi-Power or Beretta 92?

Hi Gryphon,

It apears that most of what I can tell you has been stated already but allow me to reiterate. Both of these guns are proven designs so you can't go wrong with either. Of course you know that I prefer single action so the Hi-Power was the natural choice for me. Having said that, the 92 has one of the best DA triggers out there. It's very smooth, and breaks cleany with just a small amount of overtravel. The Hi-Power on the other hand has about 1/4" take-up, breaks like glass and has no over-travel. I find the trigger reach on the Beretta to be slightly long for me but not uncomfotable. This is mostly because it has a slightly larger grip than the BHP. Incidently our local shop is having a sale on the stainless Beretta 92FS INOX models for $499.99 including 1 10-round mag and 1 15-round mag. They are billing it as a Buckeye PowerBuy. I'd check it out. The ad says good thru March 25 but if you're interested you'll need to act fast! I'm betting they'll fly off the shelf. I also see that they are running 6 months SAC so you wouldn't need to drop it all at once.

Good luck with your decision,

Warm Bore

Both the BHP and 92 are fine handguns. You`d be well served by either. If you can`t decide between the DA Beretta or the SA BHP why not checkout a CZ-75. :) It`s in the same class and can be used either way. Marcus

Back