Choice Browning Hi-Power or Beretta 92?

High Power. For some reasons already mentioned, ergonomics, size efficiency, and for me, accuracy. I can't hit squat with a Beretta. No barrel bushing you know.

HP. FN doesn't make bad guns, same controls as a 1911, I don't believe in confusing a simple mind like mine, excellent trigger.

Pointability, concealability, great feel in the hand - buy the Browning. For total reliability, buy the Beretta.

As much as I adore the Hi-Power, I would go with the Beretta 92 for home defense. Reasons: I'm uncomfortable leaving a ed and locked gun in the nightstand. I'm not completely comfortable leaving a gun with an empty chamber in my nightstand, because I would need two hands to chamber a round. If you wake up with a BG holding one of your hands down, you are out of luck. For a nightstand gun, I prefer a double action semi-auto, or a revolver. So if it were me, and I had the money to spend, I would go with the 92. I love the Hi-Power for CCW, but I'll go with the 92 for home defense.

I own both a BHP Practical and a Beretta 92FS, and I can't decide which I like best. There is something to be said, however, for the ability to pick up the weapon and squeeze the trigger without having to remember to either drop the safety or pull back the hammer, especially at night, under stress and half awake.

I own both too

It would be hard to choose between these two. For home defense, I'd have to go with the 92FS home defense. I think it has the edge when it come to fumbling with safties in the dark.

I'd have to vote for the 92FS. I've nothing at all against the Hi-Power, it is a fine gun, but my personal preference is definitely towards the Beretta. It fits my hand very well, and I prefer DA. The only drawback I have with it is it is DEFINITELY too big for CCW. Gotta get me a compact .40 USP for that.

I would have to say browning. I have one and I love it. But I have a 2.5 ilb trigger pull on it. If you get the browning get a trigger job and you won't regret it.

That is a tough one.

For fun/sport the BHP, for defense/carry the Beretta 92.

A lot are gonna disagree with me, but I think the 92 stands up to steady use of +P, +P+ or mil-spec ammo the same/better too.

No bad move here really. Do some overtime, pinch some pennies, get both. :)

Deep Thoughts, with vanfunk

I have tried, with much genuine enthusiasm, to love the Browning Hi-Power. I must admit to myself now that I cannot shoot BHP's very well. I really don't know why. I can say as well that I have tried, with much genuine enthusiasm, NOT to love the Beretta 92. But I do. It is an excellent firearm (mine's Italian, 80's mfg.), and I shoot it very well. I think that sometimes there is an alchemical reaction between gun and shooter that cannot be explained. It's just a symbiosis, a sharing of a common vision...a oneness, if you will...be the gun, be the gun...
Anyway, you'd be well served with either. Both are, by definition, excellent firearms. Go with the one that feels best to you, the one that whispers to you...

vanfunk

My choice would definatly be the HP. I have used both, but I have an old Ingalls HP clone and it is far more accurate than any berreta ive ever fired. After all, John Browning was the designer, you can best "The Master"

Personal preference

(Women,cars,guns) It all fits into the same catagory.Blondes or Brunettes, Ford's or Chevy's, Browning's or Beretta's, It boils down to personal preference, thats all.I own both, my preference tends to lien towards the hi-power
because it makes my buddies Kimber look bad.Only meaning that I'm a better shot,mostly.But seriously take the advice of the person who said try them both, then make your decision.Research

Not one mention of the "Browning bite"...hmmm. Mine have welded up beavertail modifications to prevent it. Not a big deal if you shoot a mag or two once a month, but after a couple of days (and hundreds of rounds) during a training session ...raw meat and blood. Any word on when or IF the BHP will be once again imported?

I have no experience with the BHP, but I own a Beretta 92. 15-rounders are easy to find and it is DA. It is more accurate than I and feeds everything you put in the mag.

Ha Ha

I am the alleged "buddy with the bad Kimber".

We both know what happened to the Hi-Power, don't we?

How is that new, seldom fired pretty silver looking Beretta that replaced it doing in that case, locked safely away? (grin).

Since my Beretta went away to finance the second P226, I'm only in this thread after being prompted by a fellow shooter and antagonist who, like myself, prods others by challenging their choices to better their equipment and skills.

Since I'm here, the BHP and Beretta are fine pieces.

But two P226's says it all.

Both are fine guns. I owned a high power and sold it to my brother in law. When ever I get the chance to shoot my former pistol I want to bang my head on a range divider. I now have one of the new imports on the way. Should be here next week. That being said I do not own a 92 but I have shot them and they are good guns. Between the two in my mind there is no question on which on feels better in the hand. The HP wins hands down. If you are into detail stripping I believe the 92's range from somewhere between a pain and impossible from what my friend who owns one tells me. I would go with the high power because it feels so damn good in the hand but I will freely admit the 92's I have shot are good accurate guns. I don't think you will be at a disadvantage with either.

First of all, it's nice to be back, I missed coming here when the place closed up shop.

Theres no question in my mind, I've tried to love the 92FS and can't, it just doesn't work for me. I mean I've LOST big money buying Beretta's "knowing" I'll get used to the feel, I've done that several times when the urge has hit me and there was a great deal at a show or something. It simply wont happen for me.

However, for $650.00 I took a chance and bought a NIB(New In Bag) Belgian BHP in silverchrome and when it got to my gun club the Owner of the store offered me $1000.00. He took the liberty of "checking the gun out" for me and wants it even today. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I've got a collector's piece that I can use and it aint italian.

You cant go wrong with either one IF they feel like an extension of your hand. the BHP does to me. Good luck and heres hoping you never have to second guess yourself whatever you decide.

Back