Cheapest handgun you purchased?

NAA 22S mini revolver - 120 bucks. Still have it. So cute.

Taurus PT-22 - 123 bucks - terrible jammer. Sold it for the same price. No loss.

Then we move up to some used guns.

SW Model 19 for 350 - good purchase.
Colt Cobra Snubby - 350 - ditto.

Few years back I picked up a like new with original box and manual, High Standard M104 Sharpshooter 22 pistol for $200.
Best deal I've ever scored.

Iver Johnson .38 Special revolver for $50. Broken. Took me all of five minutes to fix it.

Looks like a clone of the Colt Detective Special, and I believe it was probably manufactured by Armscor.

I bought a Beretta 92 that looked like it was dragged behind a car, cross-county... It shot great, but was in rough cosmetic shape. I paid $75 (in 2001)for it and 5-15 round pre-ban magazines. After some tlc, aluminum oxide blasting and Brownell's Oven Bake coating, I sold it or $375.

This was the cheapest (paid for) a pistol, but I also bought a Llama .45 for $100. That's about all it was worth too...lol.

Walther P99

Bought two Walther P990 in 40 (made in Germany) last year for $145 each w/ all the fees. Both were police trade-ins. One shot great but showed sign of being carried. The other was lightly used in excellent condition but had failure to chamber when used slide release every time. Sent it back to Walther and got a brand new replacement P99as in 9mm.

Also, got a complete RRA AR pistol lower which previous owner couldn't get it to run. Figured out it needed shorter recoil spring- ran great w/ both 5.56 upper and .22 conversion kit after the swap. Paid $150 for it.

Bought a CZ-52 some years back for $130 plus shipping and transfer fees.

One of my regrets is not purchasing a Dan Wesson revolver in .357Mag. The marked price was $175, but I think I could have gotten it for $150. It looked like it had been stored loose in a truck toolbox for years. Dinged all over, but functionally in perfect condition.

Phoenix Arms 5" "Rangemaster "HP-22 sometime in the 90's. Paid something like $110 for it. Sold or traded it, can't remember, a few months later. Rangemaster it was not.

Phoenix Raven-used but like new- $50

Phoenix Arms HP22a-new-$120

CZ70 - used - $139 plus shipping and transfer
(pic is with Marschal grips purchased later

Raven .25. Bought it from a pawn shop in Anchorage, AK. $65.00 new in box in 1990.

It Jammed once or twice every few mags, but it was surprisingly accurate at 10 paces or so.

Lots of fun. Got me into shooting, which I guess is why I'm not much of a gun snob.

.38Catt

cheapest

Strange things happening here in north mississippi lately.

I do computer repair, and some people seem to think since they can't get ammo for a gun they might as well get rid of it.

I have been getting guns in lieu of payment for cleaning viruses from computers lately.

the cheapest?
in the last 3 months, i was given a Hipoint .380,and a H&R 12 gauge pump and 200 rounds of ammo.

the hipoint was payment for computer work, the shotgun was left at a ladies house by her ex, and she didn't want it around so after fixing her computer she gave it to me.

I have always been a hipoint hater, but i figured, something was better than no money.
i loader her up, and it went bang, 50 rounds of hollow point, and 50 rounds of ball, no jams, no issues, all rounds hit the mark at 15 yards.

I now say anyone who knocks hipoint, has never owned one.
if $70 is all you can afford for a gun, it will put rounds on target, and is better than no gun.

The H&R?, uses remington accessories, and mossberg screw in chokes. shoots great, and retails for $169 at walmart.

FIE (Tanfoglio) Titan II 25 ACP purchased in '89 for $65 at an Ace Hardware. Probably one of the most reliable/dependable inexpensive pistols for the money. That little guy has saved my butt a couple of times.

Picked up a pre interarms pure German Walther PP in 32 cal for 100.00 12 years ago from a security guard wanna be LEO.
Sold it to a neighbor after he bugged me every other day to do so.
Made 200 bucks on the deal but miss that gun!

Picked up a nice Ruger Single-Six three-screw with both cylinders and an old nickle-plated Meriden 38 S&W long-barreled, top break for the same price for each. Now, I either WAY overpaid for the Meriden or, got a REALLY good deal on the Ruger, right? Well, for $160 each, you decide.

:D

Bought a used S&W Modl 12 (pristine) and a model 19 (rough,with some problems) for $300, sold the 19 for $275, the best gun deal i ever have or probably will ever make!

Jennings J-22 my brother in law suckered me into buying for $80 decades ago. Still have it (because no sensible person would buy it).

Almost 5 years ago I bought an Omega Arms Model 100 for $50. I keep it around because it's just fun to shoot, especially since it fires .22 Short! It loads like an old Single Action revolver- open the loading gate and pop 'em in!

Back