Cheap beer and cheap guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Patriot .45 and it's one of my favorite carry .45's. Mine definitely needed the feed ramp polished, but other than that it has been a really solid little gun.

I've since put bicycle inner tubing on the grip, and painted the front sight with neon green paint.
Pretty sure there's a guy on this forum that double sprung the recoil rod assembly and was shooting .45 super or maybe even .460 rowland pressure loads in .45 super cases through this gun.
Oh, and I'm a beer slut myself. I keep my beer fridge stocked with Keystone Light, but drink and make the whole spectrum from sours to imperial stouts.

I have not had a beer in years but when I did drink, I really had no standards. Since I'm able to pull off roughly one gun a year, I always try and get the most for my money. Maybe one of these years, instead of one moderatly priced gun I'll get a few Ravens.

I will be watching to see your report on the USA Zip. I haven't a clue why, but I want one of those goofy looking things. The first ones were a total disaster with hot brass dropping the shooters hand, and never firing more than a round or two in a row without jamming. Then they supposedly redid them. Now I hear the only problems are hot brass dropping in the shooter's hand, and they won't fire more than one or two rounds in a row without jamming!:eek:

I also drink Pilsner Urquell and shoot Charter Arms .44 special bulldogs! :cool:

20150321_160909.jpg

I have no problem with cheap guns as long as they are quality, like a 10/22 or a Mossberg 500, but I don't skimp on beer. I am drawn towards pricey IPA's, yeah it sucks paying as much or more for a 6 pack as a 12pack of the cheap stuff, but I don't drink to get drunk I want to enjoy what I am drinking.

We should make a distinction between guns that are cheap and guns that are inexpensive. For instance, my Ruger 22/45 is an inexpensive pistol but very well made. On the other hand, the P22 I used to own practically fell apart after 2000 or so rounds, that was a cheap gun.

Oddly enough, both beer and guns can be had in quality for a much lower price, provided you brew them yourself.

TCB

I've got two bottles of mead in my fridge and a few dozen more in the basement.
If your going to do something, do it right. Even if that means you have to do it yourself!

I've gotten to a point in my life where I can drink Samuel Adams beer and Starbucks coffee. Of course when it take you a year to drink a case, you can pretty much drink anything.

No cheap guns for me. Nothing ridiculously expensive either.

Weapon of Choice: Taurus PT111 G2 - Inexpensive, but not cheap.

Beer of Choice: Guinness Draught - Neither inexpensive nor cheap.

For me, it is about what job needs to be done, and what can get it done without breaking the bank. For a carry weapon, it needs to be reliable and reasonably accurate, regardless of brand name. If a $200 gun can get that done, cool - more money for target practice. For beer, it is about tasting good, since I don't drink to get drunk (one 6-pack usually lasts me about 3 months). I like the taste of Guinness, so I spend the extra money that is required to get that particular job done.

I apply that same philosophy to most things in life. I'll never own a big expensive truck, for example, because I don't need anything bigger than a 6 cylinder midsize.

I just prefer not to spend extra for stuff I don't need or want. That way I have more money left over, so I don't have to skimp on the things I do need and want.

Beer and guns in the same thread - any leftist reading this has likely wet himself by now

Nope I'm still dry.

When I drank I preferred stouts and bitters, but a half rack of cheap stuff was best for picnics or camping.

I've owned a couple of cheap guns but they got used as trade bait. Used quality guns tend to be a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back