Changing EDC based on time of year?

The Same gun same place always. Glock 19 Gen 4 147g Ranger T. Spare G17 magazine, 17 rounds of NATO Hard-ball, around 1200fps. Expecting cover taking, maybe.

it is much easier to maintain proficiency with a single firearm than two.
Or three, or four?
Not really when all my carry guns pretty much fire the same way regardless of size, or caliber.
Auto, or wheel gun, point, pull, bang, and pretty much hit what I was pointing at.
But then I am not planning on being a world saving Rambo in extended, long range gun battles. Just a my behind saving guy defending against an assailant feet, not yards away.

Cheapshooter while it is surely possible to maintain proficiency with multiple firearms my statement was that it was easier to maintain proficiency with a single firearm. Is that premise up for debate?

What's this weather change you all speak of?

Mine stays the same all year.
Ours is a change in temperature from -0 to +100. Rain to sleet or snow.
Yours is a chang from hot to hoter. With wind from 0 to 200mph!:D

Yep. My summer carry gun is normally a S&W Shield, 9mm, while my cold weather carry is usually a commander sized 1911, 45 auto.

Mike

What I carry depends on my clothing, not the bad guys. I carry smaller and lighter in the warmer months. In the colder months when I wear more and bulkier clothing, I can more easily conceal larger guns.

Back