Chalk one up for the good guys

Well, this thread has probably been "talked out," but as I just now stumbled onto it, I need to give an AMEN to most of the folks who realize that, accepting the few details of this case that were given, this guy had every right - legal and moral - to do what he did.
It was said many times, and I agree.....when a person breaks into someone's home at an hour where they should expect the owner to be present, he will be ready to deal with that homeowner in a violent way. The old man did nothing wrong at all by staying in his room. I seeeeeeriously doubt he was "laying in wait" for the intruder. He was most likely hoping the guy would leave!
A man's home is his castle. Special laws apply to a person's own home. The kid checked his rights in at the door.

Quote by tjhands:
"The old man did nothing wrong at all by staying in his room. I seeeeeeriously doubt he was "laying in wait" for the intruder. He was most likely hoping the guy would leave!"

Old man! :eek: The guy was only 51 years old you young whipper snapper. If 51 is old I'm in deep S##T! :D

Back