Celebrity posters

It looks like this is the pat yourself on the back thread, so I'll chime in:

I was the keyboard player for the '77 Broadway revival of Jesus Christ Superstar

I was the keyboard player for Godspell on Broadway.

(I know, I know. I have no idea how I kept getting these pseudo-religious musicals.)

I was the in the backing backing band for Del Shannon and The Platters at the 1989 Friendship Festival in Niagara Falls, Canada

And running for a subway in NY I barreled into and nearly trashed Helen Hayes. While helping her pick up her packages I said "You're Helen Hayes!" and she replied "Young man, you might have bumped me hard, but not hard enough for amnesia. I do remember who I am." And then laughed and assured me she was just teasing me. I still have her autograph from that day. Quite the classy lady.

Finally, being fairly new to TFL, what are Rich's an DC's claims to fame? (Besides DC's profile statement - Sicialiana. My name ends in a vowel too!)

[This message has been edited by joegerardi (edited September 02, 1999).]

Exercising Omerta and a time honored tradition of some members of my family...

"Ima taka da 5th"

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Wow! I truly am impressed with TFLers! I have so very little to compare, but:

- I met Joe DiMaggio, shook his hand, and served him some "bug juice" (G.I. Kool-Aid) in 1959 at the Air Force Cadet's Dining Hall, Lackland AFB, (San Antonio) TX. (Alas, I was on K.P....)

- I met Willy Brandt when he was Mayor of West Berlin. He thanked me for Americans being in Berlin to protect Germans from the Russians. I replied that it wasn't my decision to be there but I was proud to have the opportunity, etc. He put his arm around my 19 (or 20) y/o shoulders and laughed, saying (as close I can remember), "None of us can make ALL our decisions by ourselves." He then took some champagne from the server and handed the first one to me and took the second. "Prost!"

- Also in Berlin, I met pianist Van Cliburn and the conductor of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, Herbert Von Karajan.

- I gave a lecture on freedom to (what seemed like) a thousand students at the Berlin Free University. (And I didn't wet myself! :) )

- I visited Warsaw, Poland and Leningrad and Moscow during the peak of the Cold War - just after the Berlin Wall went up in 1961. "Showed the uniform" on the streets, was shadowed by REAL Bad Guys!

- I was a bodyguard for President Johnson shortly after JFK was assassinated. (*Really* short time! Funny story some other day.)

- I debriefed some interesting people from Soviet bloc countries.

- I had the overwhelming honor to help some American POWs return to American life.

What little I've done was cast upon me - passive incidents rather than true achievements.

Most of the accomplishments I see here you folks sought out, pursued, and achieved on your own! Therefore, I must say I have done nothing to compare with you folks.

I'm impressed, humbled, and congratulate you all.

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited September 02, 1999).]

OK... here's another one I can add:

I sat on the stand longer than OJ in the battle for custody against the mistake I was once married to. Yes, I won... but it was a long 5 days. If that ain't being in the spotlight, I don't know what is.

hey joegerardi...
my Mom was a costume designer for Hair, JCS & Godspell... your paths might have crossed. 4'10" italian spitfire she was...

Geri Weaver

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Long Path-

Yes, I know. Her then boyfriend, Bill Ballance, was a friend of mine. It took me a month to get over her sitting in my lap. A very petite little doll at the time. Not the strident harpy she has turned into.

marsh

Ok, time for me to chime in.

I was an extra in a Bill Murray movie and once interviewed George Takai (sp?) the actor who played Sulu on Star Trek.

[This message has been edited by Leadfoot (edited September 02, 1999).]

I had dinner with John Glenn right after the first ride and before the Senate brainwashing. Does that count?

Also, I might add that Bill Gates and I have something in common - on average, we both have over $50 billion in assets. ;)

I wasnt going to mention this, but right after I moved to NYC in 1960 I spotted Joe DiMaggio's Italian Restaurant in Queens.Being a major fan I got in there as soon as I could. There were all kinds of Yankee memorabilia displayed throughout. I asked the bartender if Joe DiMaggio actually owned the place(He did), did he ever come in?
(actually he was there at the time) EXCITEMENT!!! Where is he? (right over there)
And so he was. A little round 5'5" distant cousin of the real Joe DiMaggio.Big-time Bummer! A good meatball sandwich but a real heartbreaker.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Ooh, can I come play? I just hafta pat myself on the back... ;)

I have met George Takei (Sulu on Star Trek) and Bill Shatner (Capt. Kirk, a real jerk I might add) Takei was real nice though, talked to me and my friends for a while... I have both of their autographs.

Back in my wilder days, I met the band KISS, and another little-remembered band called Faster Pussycat

Nihilistic Technofetishist:

Designed the prototype off-duty quarters for the Space Station.

However, the most important thing I have ever done is fight for nine promises in the Bill of Rights, and the Second Amendment which guarantees them.

--Self-agrandizing mode off-- ;)

------------------
It is far better to dare mighty things, though riddled with failure, than to live in the dull grey of mediocrity.

I guess Rob is a celebrity. A few weeks ago on Kentucky afeild the station was at a trap shoot. The camera passed a man and I noticed a pistol in the guy's pants. I told the wife that guy has a gun in his pants.(sorry camera was to fast to see what kind, but I assume Glock maybey HK) The man was then identified as Rob Pincus. I have never met Rob in person, but I know he is from Tennesee and this had to be him. So what about it Rob were you on a hunting show and didn't tell us?

Later
Daren

[This message has been edited by Daren Thompson (edited September 03, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Daren Thompson (edited September 03, 1999).]

Darthmaum - I LIKED Faster Pussycat!

------------------
Anarchism: The radical notion that I am the sole authority when it comes to deciding what's best for me.

Daren wins the "Most Observant" award... Yes, that was me, discussing a charity shooting event with the Tim Farmer, the host of Kentucky Afield. The gun was a Glock and it was in a Yaqui Slide, as I recall.

.. Now, if any of you can identify the Year and Month that I was on the cover of the National Enquirer I'm sure that we'll find something in the TFL prize closet for you.

------------------
-Essayons

Darthmaum...Faster Pussycat? I remember! LOL Ok here's who I met......Brad Gillis (Sabbath), Huey Lewis, Wolfman Jack, Micheal Jordan, Hung out with everyone in Starship for 2 days, met all of Night Ranger, briefly met James Hetfield (Metallica), Gene Simmons, met all of Journey , Curtis Conway , Walter Payton (both from the Chicago Bears) and last but not least The Smashing Pumpkins are from chicago and I have been to a few parties that they were at. I think I still have each and everyones autographs boxed up somewhere. LOL this thread is cracking me up!

OK, WHAT IS DC'S CLAIM TO FAME?

Rob, if you've been on the cover of National Enquirer, you are famous!

My claim to fame is pretty insignificant compared to most. I met Jan Micheal Vincent in Thailand back when he still had something resembling a brain. I was in the Navy and we were in Phuket. Sammy Hagar was there too, but he went the other direction any time one of us tried to go up and shake his hand.

Jack-
You've no idea who DC is?
Wow. You have been deprived.

Here's a few hints:
- The most famous female Don in Sicily and the US
- The most sought after advisor, legal and scientific mind on the planet.
- The most oft proposed to individual since Odysseus' wife.
- The inventor of the Internet. (No, the other inventor!)

She's DC!
Rich

Back