Celebrity posters

Al Thompson

Staff Alumnus
Well, maybe not celebrities, but I have noticed some absolutely outstanding additions here in the past few weeks.

Peter Pi - Corbon

John Lawson - GS/writer from Washington State

Tom Burczynski - of Hydra-Shok fame

Shawn Dodson - Firearms Tactical

Anybody know of anymore? I guess this is like spotting actors at nightclubs - except I dislike most actors and, on the contrary, enjoy most folks here. :-)

Giz

------------------
"Hear the voices in my head, swear to God it sounds like
they're snoring." -Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta"

Harry Humphries of GSGI
Kevin McClung of Mad Dog Knives
Will Fennel of Camillus Cutlery
DC!
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited September 01, 1999).]

Will Fennel...formerly of EDI Knives, instrumental for their current success

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Uh-Oh.....

Assumed (yes, I know what that means) that everyone knew about Rich and DC....

(backpedaling furiously)

Umm - DC can you see past this slight error in judgement as I'm working on becoming single again?

Giz

------------------
"Hear the voices in my head, swear to God it sounds like
they're snoring." -Harvey Danger, "Flagpole Sitta"

Hey, what about me???? After all, I'm a legend in my own mind!! :) :) :) :)

------------------
Regards - AZFred

Ah-HEM.

My band's first CD is getting airplay on a kollitch radio station in Australia, and we have fans in England, Germany, and Switzerland.

So there. :P

------------------
"Taking a long view of history, we may say that
anyone who lays down his arms deserves whatever he gets."
--Jeff Cooper

I was "Little Miss Union" when I was 5.

I had planned on tap dancing for the talent comp., but broke my leg 2 days before the contest... so I won by singing "teenager in love". I was in a parade and everything... made headlines in "The Union Leader" too.

Geri Weaver - Junior Celebrity

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Um, Marsh, not to disillusion you, but, from what I gather, Dr. Laura was sitting in a lot of laps 20 years ago!

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

I ate watermelon, grapes and cheese backstage at the Perth Entertainment Centre with Charley Pride ... close enough?

Bruce -- a legend in his own lunchtime

I've been an extra in two made-for-TV movies ("Decoration Day" with James Garner and the pilot episode of "Line of Duty" with Alex Gross & Rod Steiger). You could almost see me in one of them - does that count?

I was on the news in 1990 when Ga. Tech won a national championship - a cop whacked the guy in front of me with a nightstick when we were going for the goalpost - you see me bravely backing up - quickly (okay, I used him for a shield) ;)

I've ridden in an elevator with Walter Koenig (Chekov from Star Trek), met author and WWII fighter pilot ace Gen. Robert L. Scott ("God is my Co-Pilot"), met author and Hitler fan David Irving (a big jerk racist a-hole), got David Copperfield's autograph, and met firearms inventor Col. Max Atchisson - do they count? How about Jimmy Carter?

I'm kinda like Fred-that sort of legend, but sometimes, around the campfires, they still speak of my deeds.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Don't forget:

Robert A. Waters (posting under bestdefense357, with his own release of his true identity, I'll add)
Author of "The Best Defense: True Stories of Intended Victims Who Defended Themselves with a Firearm"
http://www.ocala4sale.com/bestdefense
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/thedefensivegunclub

and,

Michael Marks, from Red Hat Publishing, Inc. - publishers of SafetyOn software for firearms safety training.
http://www.safetyon.com/

I've talked with each of them via phone or email. They are fine gentlemen who have brought great talent and accomplishment to the field of RKBA. They also devote time and resources to protecting that right.

I know we have many more 'celebrities', not to mention all of the TFL members and moderators who may not be celebrities per se, but who bring tremendous knowledge, intelligence and honor to this board.

TFL is an outstanding reservoir of talent - we are fortunate to have it. Rich should send me a bill each month. If I had to pay 'value for value', my wife wouldn't let me anywhere near the Internet ... ;)

Back