CC Where to you carry your extra magazine(s)

mbrittb00

I've seen lots of threads about various holsters to use for CC, but was curious how do you carry your spare magazine(s)?

I currently carry the extra mag for my LCP in my left front pocket in a small baggie with a rubberband to hold the bag on. Haven't found a mag pouch I like yet.

I do not carry spare magazines. I carry a spare gun instead. One in my waist band. One in my pocket. If I am just carrying my pocket gun then I do carry a spare mag. I have a mag pouch that my wife made me out of neoprene from an old pair of waders, with an attached clip from an old cellphone holder. It looks like a cell phone holster.

Lately, I've been carrying an extra in my cargo pants pocket. If I'm not wearing cargo pants, then I usually won't carry a spare. Most mag pouches are pretty uncomfortable. However, I just ordered, and it should be here today or tomorrow, a horizontal mounted mag pouch that's supposed to be worn at around the appendix position on your weak hand side. I'm hoping this one will be more comfortable and I'll actually use it rather than the half dozen or so I have that are in my drawer collecting dust.

I had a double pouch blackhawk magazine pouch with buttons, very quite. But I gained 10lbs so my shirts got tight and it prints easier. I just switched to the $10 blackhawk magazine holders you get at walmart, I keep both on my belt at 10 and 8 o clock, but closer when I put my belt on. Looks like a phone, no one sees it, you can't tell its a magazine, maybe something elsel ike a knife. :D:)

I will post photo around 2am tonight when I get home and after I finish homework.

I carry a extra magazine for my LCP in my watchpocket in my Wranglers.
If I'm also carrying my LC9, or a J frame, I carry the magazine or speed strip in my front pocket

In the summer, I generally wear slighty baggy shorts made by Columbia with deep slash pockets. I could carry spare PMAGs in there if I wanted to.

They hold a spare mage just fine.

In the winter, generally I will wear a two cell magazine puch opposite of my gun and cover it the same as I do my pistol, with either an untuck shirt or a vest.

Always a spare in my left pocket.

But I gained 10lbs so my shirts got tight and it prints easier.

Man tell me about it. I gained 10lbs or so too in the past few months, really makes IWB carry a pain. Goodbye IPA's, hello light beer.

I don't always carry an extra mag, but when I do, I prefer Don Hume.

Don Hume makes assorted spare mag carriers that clip on your belt OWB. They work well and conceal even better.

For my auto's, I generally carry a spare mag in my back pocket. I've got a couple of belt holders, but just don't really find them comfortable.

For my wheel-guns, I carry a speed-strip in a dump-pouch on my belt, or a speed-loader in a pouch on my belt. Occasionally, I'll drop a speed-strip of loader in my pocket, but usually I'll go for a belt pouch of some kind.

I guess I just don't like things on the left side... :confused:

Many folks like to use either cell phones belt holders or one that could house a Leatherman - makes them indiscreet

It's not a belt holder..but it's an old BlackBerry pouch when I had a BlackBerry a couple years ago.

It fits my single stack P220 magazine just fine.

If it's for serious business I have a bianchi dual duty magazine holder that goes OWB @ 8 o'clock.

Usually for the SIG P226 that's right at my 3-4:30

I don't always carry an extra mag, but when I do, I prefer Don Hume.

:D I see what you did there.

But anyway, as I already have a Heavy SwissTool on my left side, carrying another 14rd mag for my P01 would make me feel like I have a Batman utility belt on.

I currently carry the extra mag for my LCP in my left front pocket in a small baggie with a rubberband to hold the bag on. Haven't found a mag pouch I like yet.

Unless I'm missing your setup, that seems a bit complicated. Under zero stress, perfect weather conditions and in the light, I imagine you can get the rubber band off and the extra mag out of the baggie as long as the threat waits for you to do so or is otherwise engaged and not paying attention to you after unloading your first magazine at em.:D

Seriously, that's not good advise to give someone asking what to do with their extra magazine. Reminds me of the Archer episode where Archer used an empty Baby Ruth candy bar wrapper as a condom. There are much better and proper options to recommend.

Back