CC handgun for 300 bucks

sar is awesome, but too big in my opinion. here is a super reliable. sub compact pistol with great reviews and under your price range. shoots very well and has high capacity for it's size. I have shot over 1k w/o malfunction. I have pricier guns I could carry, I carry this one because it is the right size and shoots great.
Taurus PT111 G2 + 199$

read the 100+ reviews from buyers on palmetto state armory(where I got mine for 199$)
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/taurus-pt111-gen2-9mm-1-111031g2-12.html
some youtube's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH3tJrK2ma4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAol3jwKXvc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAol3jwKXvchttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBZk8N5w4x0
http://bearingarms.com/taurus-pt111-g2-budget-handgun-piece-crap/

my own little 500 round test with various ammo's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVyL3kNiauo

Bersa 380

KelTec 380 My wife and daughters carry the P- 32

KelTec PF-9 has recoil but I have near 700 rounds thru mine trouble free

Used 38 spl revolver

I would also recommend the SCCY. It is a good carry size and has to have about the best warranty and customer service in the business. It is also made in the USA. The factory warranty facility is in the USA.

Bersa warranty is not nearly as good and will cost you to ship it to a sub-contractor for repair and not to the factory. I had to do so with my Bersa and it took over thirty days and cost me almost forty bucks. I am not a fan of Bersa.

The SCCY warranty is repair or replace with no questions ask for the life of the pistol. It does not have to be the original owner. SCCY will even replace your pistol free of charge if it is stolen and you provide them with a police report. SCCY will cover the cost of shipping both ways for a warranty issue. I understand their turn around time is normally about a week. Their two models are the CPX-1 (has a safety) and the CPX-2 which does not have a manual safety. I would recommend the CPX-2 since most do not believe you need a manual safety with a double action pistol.

I believe both models in the CPX still has an MSRP of $315.00 but can easily be found for much less for a brand new pistol.

I should add....I only paid $250 for my Kahr CW380 and I trust my life to it when required. It is easy to pocket carry and grip/sights are good enough to enjoy throwing 50 - 100 rounds down range.

If second hand is an option then I say Astra A70. SA, single stack, compact, solid.

Those who own them tend to sing their praises. I imagine the one Achilles' heel is lack of spares knocking about. As others have also said, snubs are a decent choice too.

Here's another 9mm to consider,,,

Here's another 9mm to consider,,,
Taurus PT111 G2 Millennium.

I have three friends who bought these pistols,,,
I was very surprised at how well all three of them perform.

I like it well enough that I might buy one,,,
It will be a gift to an imminent college graduate.

budsgunshop.com has them for $264.71 retail price,,,

One of my buds got his on a sale at Palmetto State Armory,,,
He said it was only $199.99 plus shipping.

Taurus seems to have gotten it right on this model.

Aarond

cc handgun for 300 bucks

I second the the taurus millenium pt111g2,2 12 shot mags,polymer frame,life time warrenty, getting good reviews. lots of places have them on sell right now between 199.00-250.00 i got mine for 199.00 plus tax a couple of months ago, I have the mil pro in 40sw and love it,but wanted something a little more economical to shoot. wife loves loves to shoot the 40 more the 9.. the taurus g2 is about the same size as the sccy and carries 2 more rounds.

Here is a link to SCCY: http://www.sccy.com/

Look under Sales for your nearest SCCY dealer. You can also check various internet sites. I bet you will find a number of new ones listed on GunBroker or other places. I would suggest you at least go to a nearby dealer first and handle the pistol to see how well it fits your hand. You should do the same for any firearm you buy if you are unfamiliar with it.

Good luck with it and let us know what you decide upon.

So far it's a toss up between a bersa 380 and the sccy. My buddy also recommended an armscor 38 special. He said the finish is pretty ugly but he said he has over 500 rounds with no problems and picked his up for 175 bucks and looks just like a colt. He said the trigger is better then any ruger revolver he got. Anyone have experience with armscor, I know they make decent budget 1911s

I'd look really hard at the SCCY. My friend has a CPX-2 in FDE. Its a really nicely built gun for $250. Nice trigger, 10+1, 15oz, and perfect carry size.

Since almost nobody wrote about, Look at the Rossi 461 357 mag revolver. Buds has it for $279.oo. I've owned them now for 10 years and not one speck of trouble and their accurate as all get out.
Doc

sccy!!!! nice TRIGGER!?!? I needed a good laugh. who doesn't love a 10 pound, inch and a half long pull.

I will not go on my ten page rant about sccy, i'll sum it up with a half-dozen trips to the factory and I still had to sell it broken. if you choose to go with sccy, DO NOT GET A CPX-1, mine broke three safety's, my buddy at work has broke 2 and has only shoot three boxes of ammo through his(he's trying to find a buyer if your interested), so just get the CPX-2 and safe yourself the hassle. if your comes with light strike issues, might as well chuck it out the window in the everglades, because apparently it cant be fixed.

the pt111 is an awesome sub-compact gun that actually works.

Just bought a PT111 G2 yesterday----haven't shot it yet but very impressed with what I see playing with it and taking it apart. Will try and get out to shoot it today.

SIG 228/226 mags seem to fit and function in these guns--so I already have a few back up mags---Mecgar Sig mags can be had much cheaper than the Taurus replacements

I'm one of those who would never buy Taurus===but the low price and good reviews on the forums sucked me in------this gun actually seems to be a quality piece and feels great in the hand---feels much better than a G26----if this gun works out, I'll probably buy another one

I have both a Kel-Tec P11 and a SCCY CPX-2. Both have been reliable and I carry one or the other of them daily.

If you go for the SCCY I'd buy a new production one rather than used, it seems the earlier models had some issues but it seems they have addressed them with the newer production.

I've looked at the Armscor revolvers and if I was just in the market for "a gun" they'd be high on the list.

I recently bought this Ross 851, 38 Special for less than $300.00. I admit it was a used gun so finding one would be hit and miss, and it might be a little bigger than what you want, but if it's an example of what they turn out, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

You might also find a Taurus revolver under $300.00. Last time I was in my LGS they had a nice Model 82, 4" fixed sight 38, under $300.00.

I don't know much about semi's, but I did have both a Kel-Tec, P-11, and a Hi-Point C-9 at one time or another. They both worked just fine. The Kel-Tec was pretty "snappy" shall we say. The Hi-Point was more fun than you could shake a stick at. That silly thing just worked and kept on working. I wouldn't have had a bit of concern about using it.

I also had a Makarov, and a CZ-82. Great guns, but finding 9x18 ammo can be difficult, at least around here.

Just remember buying a used gun is often like buying a used car, you will often,not always, be buying someone else's problems. This problems often won't show up until you are shooting the gun, so be careful if you go in this direction. I've bought a few used guns, some have been good, some have needed at least a little work.

I have quite a few handguns that I got for $300 or less that are reliable and suitable for self defense.

I prefer to carry a snub 38 revolver. Taurus has made their model 85 for many years. I have owned two and they have both been excellent. You might have to get a used one. New or used, they will still fix it for free if it doesn't work properly. A good local gun shop should give you a refund if you take it to the range immediately and it won't go bang. I own dozens of handguns, and my Model 85 is one of my preferred carry pieces.

I like my Kel-Tec P3AT tiny little 380. Ruger and other companies make a copy. It is small and light and not fun to shoot, but mine goes bang every time, cost under $300, and is easy to carry anywhere.

The largest gun auction site on earth, as far as I know, is GunBroker. I have absolutely no connection with this company called CDISales that sells military surplus type guns on GunBroker. My father-in-law got a CZ83 from them recently. It is a small/medium sized 380 that holds around a dozen rounds. It is heavier than most CC guns, but is extremely accurate and well-made. Yesterday he was shooting groups the size of my hand with it over and over from 15 yards. They go from the lower $200's to the higher $200's depending on how nice they look. His seemed to have been practically unused.

There are lots of others. These are a few that I a familiar with first-hand.

I was looking at cz 83s but couldn't find one for under 400. Rossi I'm skeptical about because I've heard just as many bad thing about them as good but the gunshow I went to last week had quite a few of them in 38 snub nose. Think they are going for 275 range. I would love a Snubbie with a da/sa trigger because I'm used to shooting my single six. I've scene a few Taurus for under 300 but the trigger pull seemed very rough on DA. I'm still reading great things about the armscor model 206 snub nose but it seems hard to put your life on a 200 dollar revolver. Think I'm going to go out today and visit a few gunshops and hope they a few of these guns mentioned here so I can see how they feel and how the trigger is.

Back