Carrying In Gym Shorts/Workout Clothing

stonewall50

So I am frequently going jogging with my girlfriend and with the changing daylight hours we are finding it being darker outside. Now I'm not too worried about where we run, but I would like to find a gun I can carry in my workout clothing. I have been coming up with some different models and out of curiosity I am wondering who has experience with what, and if they like it.

Obviously there is the LCP and the Curve, but I did expand my list to some lightweight revolvers and even a Bersa .380 lol. So any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look at a runners waist pack designed to carry water.

I have a MountainSmith Sprint:
https://www.google.com/search?q=mou...UICigD&biw=1366&bih=635#imgrc=Px_0dv-3dEdBmM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/252426872593?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Works ok for running, works very well for jogging. Many similar options.

As I recently posted I found simply wearing the gun under my shorts on a belt worked for the dress type, but I haven't actually run in it.
I don't see pocket carrying working very well unless possibly in some sort of compression clothing. Even something like a cobra derringer is going to bounce around quite a bit.

Look at a runners waist pack designed to carry water.

I have a MountainSmith Sprint:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mou...UICigD&biw=1366&bih=635#imgrc=Px_0dv-3dEdBmM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/252426872593?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Works ok for running, works very well for jogging. Many similar options.

As I recently posted I found simply wearing the gun under my shorts on a belt worked for the dress type, but I haven't actually run in it.

I don't see pocket carrying working very well unless possibly in some sort of compression clothing. Even something like a cobra derringer is going to bounce around quite a bit.

Yea I never liked pocket carry. Not even in regular clothing. I will look at those belts. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember right there's a product called ThunderArmor. They have a holster built in to compression shorts or something of the like. That's probably the best purpose-built option you'll have.

I pocket carry my LCP in gym shorts/sweat pants all the time, but it's not something I'd want to do when running was involved.

How about a belly band holster, that should hold tight with any type of shorts...PS I think the Curve is a comletley ignorrant design... just sayin

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

For running, I like a belly band type holster. The Galco one works pretty good with a snubby or Glock 26.

For walks and such, I just tie the shorts reasonably tight and use a Galco Triton single clip style holster and my Glock 26.

I use a Desantis belly band when out running. Wear it low around the waste under your normal gym shorts and you'll forget it's there. Also has other useful pockets for carrying a phone, keys, etc.

A North American Arms Mini Revolver is an excellent choice if you want to be armed while running...that you can pocket carry while running and forget its there.

I’m curious for those of you who workout with a bellyband or similar product doesn’t it get damp with sweat and thus the gun itself gets sweaty. While I’m not an excessive sweater I do perspire when I workout and the clothing against my skin gets damp.

cargo shorts, pocket carry. I've seen one woman who carries in the gym using a belt-bag or fanny-pack type holster.

Some of the ladies wear work out clothing that appears to be painted on, but most I have seen could conceal a Bofors twin 40.

Jim

A Kel-Tec P3At or a Ruger LCP. The Ruger is pretty much a copy of the Kel-Tec. They are tiny and weigh almost nothing, but hold six (IIIRC) rounds of 380acp.

Kangaroo pouches seem to be de rigeur for local runners. You could carry a Contender in some of them...

In the past when I ran I carried my NAA 22mag, made a nice light weight carry in the waist under my untucked shirt. I think today I would carry a Ruger LCP/Keltec 380 or my S&W 638 38spl in a Desantis belly band.

I also think anyone wearing a fanny pack just yells GUN! LOOK AT ME I HAVE A GUN IN HERE! :rolleyes:

I also think anyone wearing a fanny pack just yells GUN! LOOK AT ME I HAVE A GUN IN HERE!

Only to gun folks. To everyone else its "why is that guy/gal wearing a fanny pack, weird". Of course, only if they even notice he/she has one.

cargo shorts, pocket carry

Good luck running in those clothes like the OP says he is doing.

Depending on where in FL you are, do you REALLY need to carry while running?
In my area of FL, you don't

also think anyone wearing a fanny pack just yells GUN! LOOK AT ME I HAVE A GUN IN HERE!
Lots of endurance sport people train with waist packs. They carry food, water, cell phone, money, etc. There aren't water stations set-up for training and they can be out for 3+hours. Some take small ones with almost nothing, but some carry pretty big rigs.

Back