can you shoot a .223 out of 7.62x39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dimitris, LOL! And a GBU24 is a 24lb bomb. josh
GBU-24_xxl.jpg

Speaking of in a pinch type of inappropriate calibers in certain guns...I watched a guy shoot oh prolly 15 rounds of 44 magnum ammo out of a 45 Colt (carbine). I started policing up his brass and quickly saw the bulged brass and figured it out & put a stop to it.

I don't recommend it, but I must say that I was impressed that he didn't burst even one pc of brass. It'd have to be a pretty big pinch to do it consciously.

Yesterday I was at the gun range and I accidentally placed a steel cased 223 into my ak47. Right before I fired I had a failure to feed. So, I dropped the clip and racked the bolt. Then I placed the magazine back into the gun, racked the bolt and fired. We heard a whimper of a shot. The gun also failed to eject. I disassembled the gun there and noticed the casing was stuck and it said 223. I was passed off at myself and it ruined my day. When I got home the case came right out of my gun. No damage was apparent in the fire arm. Boy I felt like I dodge a bullet.

10 years after the OP, it is still a bad/dangerous idea to shoot ammo in weapons they are not originally chambered in.

Sometimes you walk away from it, other times not. But Always a bad idea.

Methinks the OP, a Junior member with 6 posts, should not be ridiculed but should be gently corrected so that he/she will still be around to be a senior member someday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back