Can Opinions Be Changed?

Well, "ride it out" is misleading. You can't sit on your rear and do nothing. You can't wait until the threat is fully formed and proposed as legislation to join your state association or send them money. You do have to stand up for what you believe in and you can't have the "it can't happen here" attitude.

But this is a very winnable fight, if even 10% of gun owners did these things, the debate would be whether 40-watt plasma rifles should be available to 12yr olds.

I definitely agree with that. The people we need the most are very complacent. However, many have to remain silent just to keep their jobs, or avoid other retaliation.

Along these lines I was looking at some anti gun propaganda the other day depicting the school walk out, may have been in NYC. This is not intended to read or insinuate anything one bit racist but is plainly what I saw:

A large group of non white inner city kids, who looked/dressed like inner city kids, in the inner city where nothing green grows for the most part, surrounded by pavement, cement, and fences, protesting guns..

The thought that popped into my mind was our worlds are so completely different - neither them nor I can likely relate to eachother in any way shape or form regarding gun ownership or much else for that matter.

well I got into it with my neighbor today. She went to one of those marches and had a big sign on her car. I was trying to avoid her but I guess she wanted to change my opinion and reeled me in. She knows I shoot and own a number of firearms including the famous ar-15 that they have their panties in a bunch over. So she started with the usual as to why I needed such a firearm and why there weapons of war blah blah. I made my points trying to change her opinion but we pretty much came to a stalemate. I smiled,she smiled and then I went for a long walk(trying to lose 15 pounds) Oh well so much for that. I'm going to work on her. Not giving up this fight.

I failed to change my brother's opinion, but the very large boy friend of a woman he had to fire succeeded. Told him he was going to kill him. Rapidly changed his world view! The bad boy friend is long gone, but the little K-frame friend remains.

Back